RAINBOW-L Archives

July 2005

From:
MaRiNo Bresciani <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
MaRiNo Bresciani <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 21:45:03 +0200
on behalf of Iza Jurczk,
M.

====================================

Cari italiani,

No, this message will be in English, I just wanted to grab your attention :-)

I am writing you not as a CD member but on the private request of my
close friends... And these friends are very special: it is a street
band playing on the bottles (real bottles!) - 9 people in total - and
they are just wonderful.
To give you a better view: most of them are students of the Music
Academy, and recently the band has won a prestigious national
festival, so it is not only a fun thing (they are really good, Im
telling you as a musician!). They are becoming a little known in
Poland for their creative idea, but at the same time they are just
students, who want to have great time and they have no money.
They were first playing in different cities in Poland but then they
decided to try going abroad - and this summer they will realise their
dream to go to Italy... They are renting a minibus and planning to
travel mostly through Northern and Central Italy, 20-31 July, playing
in the streets of different Italian cities.

So, here we are coming to the point: they are taking tents with them
and they asked me if I could try to arrange for them some space for
putting up those tents (you know, your gardens or smth ;-)  in various
places in Italy over this period. Do you think you could help? They
mentioned Venezia, Siena, Roma, Milano, but I think it can be
practically everywhere else.  I can only assure you that they are just
cool people and you are definitely not going to regret if you host
them...
Of course if anything extra comes to your mind - maybe you have a huge
house and can host 9 people inside, maybe you can arrange a
performance for them, maybe you know any extermely cheap
camping/hostel - anything like this would be more than perfect!

I am very much hoping for the famous Italian hospitality...

fatemi sapere
saluti caldissimi

Iza Jurczik

--