RAINBOW-L Archives

January 2004

From:
Radmila Bulgarea <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Regional List for Malta, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 20:14:23 +0100
Helloooo....Regionally friends,

This mail is addressed specially to Local PR Responsibles,
in case you  have questions, ideas or any other comments
related to the topic, feel free to shoot on [log in to unmask]
:)

Enjoy reading Martin's longest "KISS" mail;-)

Seriously creative (: adaR is looking for you ;)
ha! your inputs :P

Speaker of AEGEE-Europe PR Working Group
AEGEE Alba-Iulia President
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel. +4 0721 025 408

.....go, go, go on reading it.....:))))))

Hello PRoffessionals!

I hope you remember my last, very long mail to PRWG with the outline
of the “overall intergrated PR/HR strategy”. After the outline I announced
that we would together work our way through the different steps, defining
every step more clearly. This is why I now want to begin with the first
Step.

The sense of the whole is to make PR/HR devellopment more efficient and to
have a collection of tools and a description how to use them. As I have not
received any bad feedback on the step-overview we will work with the
definitions I proposed.

I again want to invite you to participate in this devellopment. The
results of the online work will be the basis for the AGORA workshops, so it
is very important that you contribute in order to have a perfect startegy in
the very end.

As repetition here come the definition of the first 2 steps:

STEP A “Advertisement”
The average person (TAP) doesn’t know AEGEE yet. Somewhere he has to
see or hear about it. This is the clasical PR phase. (Posters, Flyers,
Infostands,TV commercials, AIDA concept)

STEP B “First contact and getting to know each other”
TAP actually has the first real contact with AEGEE and AEGEE people.
Maybe he comes to an Info evening or just shows up at the social meeting.
Then you have various stages when TAP overcomes the natural mistrust and
decides to become a member. This is also the phase where he decides to come
to AEGEE meetings regularly. This is a phase where out of my experience a
lot of AEGEE antennas have problems and where there is a lot to be improved.

  So STEP A is the time until the TAP shows up for the first time. This
means that during Phase A we can only influence him by external means. Thus
Phase A is the typical PR phase. Of course we can not deal with the whole
PR theme in just this one mail, but I want to show the most important
general aspects, and I ask you to please complete my view...

Means you can use to make the TAP visit AEGEE for the first time are
the classical PR tools.
-Flyers
-Posters
-emails
-personal contact
-info stands
-actions
-info evenings

They all should follow the AIDA concept:
Attention
Interest
Desire
Action

This is the typical behaviour pattern when people read or perceive
advertisement. If you have not herd about this yet, observe yourself
and you will notice...

So, when designing or putting up anything of the above mentioned
always bear in mind the 4 stations your TAP has to go through and include
elements that serve the respective aim. Before you actually take action you
have to define the 4 stations more closely. Especially the second

2. You have to know what desire you want to awaken in the person you want
to influence and you need to know what kind of action you want him or her
to take. Then you can iplement means to fulfill the aim. But you have to
make sure that you run through all the steps. For example it doesn’t help
anything if you design a great infostand and you really reach alot of
people and managed to get attention, and interest but then you can not
awaken a desire nor can you make people come to AEGEE. You really have to
define your aims beforehand.
Another requirement is that you have a good analysis before taking
action. This can save you a lot of time. It helps you to concentrate your
forces on the spots where they will have the maximum effect. The questions
you need to answer for yourself are:

1.The question of your aim. Do you want to get new members, or just
to make AEGEE wider known. The more precisely you can name your aim the
better, because then you can analyse if it worked out afterwards, or figure
out why it didn’t.

2. Where and when will you do it. Pick a spot and time where you will
have the most probably effect. Maybe it is better to distribute flyers to
people after lunch than before because then they are in a better mood....

3. Decide if you want to make a broad band action or better
concentrate on a specific aim. For example if you want to recruite people
only from a certain faculty you can have a more efficient action there than
if you want to recruite from the whole university.

   Finally there are always some parts that have to be included in any
of the above mentioned means:

1. a part of your corporate identity which is normally represented by
your logo and slogan. This corporate identity has to be fixed and to be
promoted.
Of course you have to own a very distinct corporate identity. This
means that you have to know who you are before you can tell somebody else...

2. Contact data: Telephone number / e-mail / internet homepage /
office adress...

3. Also concerning the last part of the AIDA concept, the Action, you
have to provide the concrete datas that will enable the person to take
action: Time and date, place, event, (This can concern your regular
meeting, a aspecial event, an info evening, or a a social cometogether)

Finally I hope for your feedback, as I am sure that there is a lot to
add.

This is it for now, in 2 weeks we will continue with the second step
for which I have already develloped something. That will also be less
general and more concrete.

Best greetings
Martin

Are you still alive? :) lucky you :).... end of Transition...yuhu!!!