RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2008

From:
Marcella Cortesi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marcella Cortesi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 2008 14:25:42 +0000
Dear Manos,

First of all welcome!! I was actually worried about this part of the Network
being left out discarded, but I see it was just momentary silence :) And I am
happy you decided to count on the help of Subcommies who know well their
locals. It's very honest and wise from your side to admit you need help of
people from a side of the Network you have never worked in.

I guess that as for the name of the ML there is a misunderstanding: I
understood you only want to change the name, not delete the archives of
Rainbow-L, right? (please confirm). If you just want to change the name I see
it in perfect coherence with the current situation. Just practically as Antonio
pointed out: in Aachen we will change Netcommie again, therefore I guess
that we will change again the name of the ML. Isn't it a bit confusing? Not
that it's a huge problem, a name stays a name, but I wouldn't like if this lead
to constant unsubscriptions...It's already difficult to make aegee members
subscribe to one ML, we don't need to confuse them more and more.

Why not (as somebody proposed before) creating a ML just for your locals?
Otherwise what will other Netcommies who take care of other team katja's
locals do? Why can't you create a ML just for your locals? This not 'to leave
good memories' but instead to leave Team katja's locals together for after
Aachen, where hopefully another Netcommie will be chosen for them.

One thing I would like to ask you, as AEGEE member and convinced European.

Please, let's leave out the explanations of the non-existence of Regions. I am
a bit sick of hearing that explanation "as may of you already know, the regions
concept in AEGEE is discontinued, so that there is no such thing as 'regions' in
AEGEE". I am quite an old member and I can tell you that Regions have NEVER
existed, it has always been a "geographical task division" among Netcommies.
The same it is now, it was just decided to change former names to the name
of the Netcommie. And please, if you will happen to hear from time to time still
the name "Rainbow" don't jump as if you were biten by a dog, I am sure that
also a lot of people still uses the name "Balkania" from time to time...it is
simply more practical, instead of saying everytime the name of the
Netcommie. Believe me, it has only to do with that.

Consequently I got you want to change the name of the ML. Fine with me,
perfect. Just let me say that it's not really coherent (ok, it sounded a bit
funny! No offence, of course) that you mention the locals and then you
mention the name of the Countries. Here people understand perfectly the
concept of Network vs national level, more than you maybe think. Anyway, I
guess it was just a way to make us understand you :)

Lastly, I want to wish you and your team good work and good luck: you have
a big challenge ahead, for which I am happy you have energy and
proactiveness.

I hope we will receive other messages from all other Netcommies taking care
of former Team katja's locals, I think we deserve an explanation from the
netcom on what you want to do with this part of the network till Aachen. I
have to say I would have preferred as first email from you an email where you
were introducing yourself, and where you were discretely sensing the
situation, instead of entering like a panzer and communicating a decision
without explaining it well. I tell you this as advice for the future...

Good luck again, and thanks for serving and protecting us!

Marcella