RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2002

From:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2002 04:31:56 +0200
Hi Fabrizio,
I liked your e-mail better than the one before, but as Luca already said
that one was a reaction towards something very bad!
First of all I also would say that it's not matter of Southern and Northern
italian way of express ourselves, remember I was downstairs with you
reacting in the same way like you did, maybe even more sometimes.
I also accept Chiara criticism, because it was also her way of reacting.

I'd like to enlarge your concept of lobbying, I would prefer instead of
having a geographical lobbying a lobbying of ideas, opinions, IDEALS!
This should be our aim, it doesn't matter if we are involving Italy, the
Rainbow, or other parts of Europe, this is AEGEE: staying together for
common ideals!
So what are them, only few ones are at the moment coming on mind:
-Transparency, this is a good point, many people liked it, but people
enjoyied more to destroy the recent Proposal instead of adding feedbacks to
it.
-Focusing on Network, AEGEE is the Network and viceversa, loosing focus in
it, it's a defeat for all AEGEE.
-Human resources, what can we do for the european level, what can we change
in it? I think our common idea is not using the european level of AEGEE as
a career tool. Yes maybe we are not able so much to express ourselves in
english, but only because we are not using AEGEE to get a job!
-Events approach, we think that an event, or SU, is succesful when the
participant is happy for the friendly atmosphear he lived, for the food,
the parties, the human approach. Not because of the high level of speakers
in the conference. Maybe because we can go to a conference anyway, without
travelling in AEGEE (only in my city there are cultural events as in the
entire AEGEE calendar).
-Active members, when we are active in AEGEE it means that we really love
this association. Because we can't get credits from university, we don't
need visas to go abroad, we can easily make stages without loosing time in
AEGEE.
-We like to say the truth, since we have less to lose than others, we are
not afraid to indicate our mistakes openly, to answer clearly, to explain
why and in wich way we made a decision. We had recent examples of people
that like more to hide, even more when the mistake is bigger. Maybe we are
less diplomatic, but "fuck the diplomacy"!

These are common ideals, we should aggregate everybody around them. I don't
like to say that we have to fight for them, because AEGEE has always to
remain the place of the dialogue.

A lobbying on these ideals can start from the Rainbow, only because here
there's an highest percentage of people that think AEGEE in that way. Then
it can involve also other Regions, and be the solution to invert the
process of decreasing motivation for AEGEE in Western Europe.
So we have to be proud of our sharing ideals not of our geographical borders.

Let's start at the PM in Cagliari!

Cheers.