RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2002

From:
Nicola Rega <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nicola Rega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 14:09:39 +0200
  Hi all!

This is the report of the Mini-RM on the North-West Rainbow
Sub-Region, helded in Brescia, the 25th of May.

First of all we defined what is a Mini-RM.
 It's a one day event opened to all AEGEE members, focused on needs of
 locals that are geographically close each others.
 The program is very flexible and topics will be decided after a brief
 research (discussion) with Boards of Locals in the Sub-Region.
 The Sub-Commissioner is just the coordinator and the promoter of
 this kind of event.
 Mini-RMs are not in competition with RMs, but they have just a
 complementary role.

Then we fixed which are the goals.
 - To meet new friends
 - To increase relationships and cooperation with neighbors
 - To encourage people traveling in Europe ("step by step strategy")
 - As a consequence of the previous point, a soft introduction to
   "AEGEE-life"
 - To develop projects to export, in particular, to our Region and, in
   general, in Europe

And now, results and follow up of the meeting, coming from the needs
of all Locals:
 - Mini-RM frequently organized (every 1-2 months) in order to involve
   members
 - Mini-RM should be useful before Agoras, in order to discuss new
   proposals and in order to give them better and more conscious
   supports
 - Mini-RM could be the best place for sharing models of PR and FR
   materials (this means helping other locals, optimizing energies,
   improving their production)
 - Mini-RM could be focused to Internal Education sessions
 - Mini-RM gives the chance to get in touch with neighbors locals, in
   order to organize common activities (TSUs, week-ends, etc.)

Other results coming out from the discussion:
 - Francesca, Sub-Commissioner and president of AEGEE-TRento, showed
   the project of realizing Internal Education Day Event. Participants
   really appreciated it and are impatient to  see its development.
 - Irene, president of AEGEE-Pisa and also President of ESN-Italy,
   proposed a synergy between AEGEE and ESN: no more competition, but
   cooperation in realizing activities. Participants appreciated this
   open-view, but stressed that in some cities this idea of
   co-operation have to be implemented a lot.

A few notes before finishing the report:
 - Participants were very enthusiastic of this kind of event. Two
   Locals candidate themselves for organizing the followings:
   Pavia, in June, focused on SUs
   Bergamo, in October-November, on "Looking for the Agora"
   And we're just at the beginning...
 - I've showed the structure of the Rainbow Team. No one knew anything
   about it, even if it was already sent on the Rainbow-L. I think
   we've to reflect on the difference between a face-to-face
   communication, and an electronic communication...
 - I would like to thanks Francesca and Giulietta, the 2
   Sub-Commissioners who were there and who supported me in
   discussions with their "Regional Approach".
 - I would like to stress the efficiency of the AEGEE-Brescia
   organization.

If you've reached this line, thank you for paying your attention.

 Nicola

¦*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
¦
¦ Nicola Rega
¤ President of AEGEE-Torino
¦ FR Responsible for RAINBOW Region
¦
¤ Via Mercanti 30 - 10121 Torino - Italy
¦
¤ Mobile Phone: ++39 328 8453928
¤ TEL.: ++39 011 561 72 40
¦