RAINBOW-L Archives

June 2002

Date:
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:55:07 +0200
Dear region!

I must say that I'm very disappointed!
I wanted to do something good for this region, but I can not help if you
don't cooperate.

On 24th of May I send email to all the locals in region about research of
usage of mailing lists and trying to get more people subscribed. I asked you
to send me back information about how many board members is subscribed to
main AEGEE mailing lists (our goal is that at lest 2 board members are
subscribed to all of them).
I think it was quite enough time (until 10th of June).

Until today, I received information only for 5 locals!!!
So, big thanks to: AEGEE UDINE, AEGEE MILANO, AEGEE SALERNO, AEGEE FIRENZE
and AEGEE MARIBOR

I don't know if my mistake was that I sent email only to general address of
antenna, or what? Anyway, I think that every local should check it's mail
during more than 3 weeks time.

I ask you once again: please, send me information until 25th of June and
subscribe to the lists as much people as you can. This is very important for
developing and strengthening of our region! You can find more information
below (this is the email that I already sent before to the locals).

Thank you!
Greetings from hot Maribor
Tamara

to whole AEGEE network and also important and useful information about
different matters, about how AEGEE works and it's principles.
Because I'm responsible for IT in our subcommissioner team, I'm contacting
you and asking following.

I would like to ask you, how many of your board members is subscribed to the
following lists: AEGEE-L, AEGEE-EVENT-L, AEGEE-SU-L, AEGEE-AGORA-L,
RAINBOW-L?
Could you please check it and tell me?
The goals is that at least two board members are subscribed to this lists
(for RAINBOW-L is recommendable that all board members are subscribed!)
So, if less than 2 members are subscribed (or if more members would like to
subscribe - even better), I would warmly advise you to subscribe.
Instructions how to do this are in the continuation of this email.

When you are answering me, please tell me information about both: what was
the situation before and what is situation now (after subscribing). If
possible with names of people.

INFORMATION ABOUT MAILING LISTS IN AEGEE

The major AEGEE mailing lists are:

[log in to unmask]                           general discussion mailing list
[log in to unmask]                 event promotion
[log in to unmask]                 preparation of statutory meetings
[log in to unmask]                Summer Universities
[log in to unmask]               master list of the above
[log in to unmask]            information from AEGEE-Europe (read only)
[log in to unmask]     communication to the CD (write only)
[log in to unmask]               network matters
regional mailing lists, like: [log in to unmask]

A complete list of all AEGEE mailing lists is available at
http://www.aegee.uni-karlsruhe.de/archives
Here you find also archives in which you can look for emails posted in the
past.

THE MOST IMPORTANT LISTS:

I. AEGEE-L (main list):
   Central information and discussion list of AEGEE. The mother of all AEGEE
mailing lists.

II. AEGEE-EVENT-L:
Announcements of activities organised by AEGEE locals. No discussion, pure
information only.   Participants list are also spread.

III. AEGEE-AGORA-L:
   Forum for preparation and discussion for the statutory meetings AGORA and
PM.

IV. AEGEE-SU-L:
On this list information about the Summer Universities is spread.
Information from the SU co-ordination team, information from antennae about
their courses, lists of participants and other SU-related topics are to be
found here.

V. RAINBOW-L:
    It is regional mailing list off all AEGEE locals in Italy, Croatia,
Slovenia, Malta and Bosnia Herzegovina. It is used for AEGEE information
that regards all locals in the region, co-ordination matters, reviews about
events, propose ideas, projects, organise trips together, give advices, ask
opinions, etc...

SUBSCRIPTION TO LISTS:

The mailing lists are managed by a programme called “listserv”. To issue
commands - like subscription - just write an email to [log in to unmask]
Leave the subject field empty and state in the text body one or more of the
following commands:

help                                                    get help and an
overview of available commands
mailing list
unsubscribe <list>      or      signoff <list>          leave a mailing list
review <list>                                           get a list of all
subscribers
nomail <list>                                           stay on the list,
but receive no mail anymore
mail <list>                                             get mail again

Please do not type the brackets (<, >) and replace the term within the
brackets with the real expression, e.g. a subscription would look like this:
subscribe AEGEE-L Romano Prodi Roma
Text for subscribing other lists is:
- subscribe aegee-event-l firstname familyname antenna
- subscribe aegee-agora-l firstname familyname antenna
- subscribe aegee-su-l firstname familyname antenna
- subscribe rainbow-l firstname familyname antenna

After this you will be asked for a confirmation of your subscription. Please
read the messages that you get from listserv carefully and completely!
Confirm your subscription and you will receive final note about being
subscribed to the list.

To write an email to the mailing list, just write an email to the list
address, e.g. [log in to unmask] Instead of @aegee.org you can always use
@aegee.uni-karlsruhe.de, too.

I would be very happy, if you could get back to me on this as soon as you
can  - let's say until 10th of June.

I'm looking forward to your answer.
If you have any questions, please ask me.

Take care and good luck with subscribing :-)
Tamara

Tamara Novak
president of AEGEE-Maribor
Sub-Commissioner RAINBOW Region