RAINBOW-L Archives

December 2001

From:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2001 03:17:40 +0100
>Hello everyone,
>
>This e-mail is an OPEN CALL for the News Bulletin Editorial Team.
>
>SO WHAT IS THE NEWS BULLETIN (NB)?
>
>The NB is a publication with a very long tradition in AEGEE. It was first
published in  1989 and since then it has changed its face, contents and
editors many a time. In the past 6 years it has been published twice a year
by AEGEE-Warszawa. Unfortunately it was not possible to publish it for the
Agora in Ankara. In order to give equal opportunities to all antennae we
are now making an OPEN CALL for the new NB Editorial Team.

>HOW DO WE SEE THE FUTURE ROLE OF THE NB?
>
>We want to create a coherent publications strategy for AEGEE so that the
European magazines will not interfere with each other, but complement each
other and achieve various goals.

>Therefore we wish to segment the market as follows:
>
>* KEY TO EUROPE as the highly successful annual report, and presentation
of AEGEE activities to the external contacts, as well as AEGEE members.

>* AEGEE GAZETTE as a strictly external publication, very short, high
quality, about students' point of view on international issues, for people
who have no idea about AEGEE - further information will be presented in
separate e-mails in near future.

>* NEWS BULETTIN as a strictly internal publication:
>            + very relaxed style, off-handed
>            + easy to read, easy language
>            + AEGEE jargon allowed
>            + personal information included.
>
>The main goal of the NB, would be:
>+ to increase the coherence of the network
>+ to improve motivation of the members, their personal attachment to AEGEE
>+ to strengthen identity of the members with AEGEE.
>
>The thematic aspect of the NB should be based on:
>+ events - local and European (provided by locals)
>+ CD issues (CD would provide materials)
>+ topics from the thematic field of WGs (provided by WGs)
>
>WORKING FORMAT
>
>The OPEN CALL is addressed to an ANTENNA (or a partnership of antennae),
who would:
>+ gather the articles
>+ do the layout
>+ print NB (the next issue: Agora in Amsterdam)
>
>The antenna should provide a team of people who would take care of the NB,
yet the entity responsible for the publication of NB is the antenna.

>The following tasks will be carried out by the CD:
>+ Fund Raising
>+ PR on European level
>+ there is already an entry for NB in the 2002 budget
>
>The antenna may of course cooperate in any of those fields with the CD. We
also welcome any initiative of the antenna for the contents of the NB.

>A contract between AEGEE-Europe and the Antenna will be signed. Time frame
of the contract will not be limited. Any of the sides may terminate the
contract if sufficient reasons will be provided.

>A meeting between the CD Responsible (Tomek Helbin) and the chosen
Editorial Team will be organised in order to discuss further cooperation.

>FORMAT
>
>NB will be published twice a year. It will be given out at the Agoras. The
Format of NB will be discussed with the Editorial Team.

>APPLICATION
>
>An interested antenna should provide a motivation letter including:
>
>+ a vision of how they see the future and the development of NB
>+ antenna's experience in publishing, access to printing facilities
>+ information about the NB Editorial Team (CVs of the people in the team
&#8211; a minimum of 3 people)

>DEADLINE: 9th January
>
>So this is YOUR opportunity to make your antenna visible in the whole of
Europe, and to create a European-wide magazine &#8211; don&#8217;t waste
this chance, just do it....