RAINBOW-L Archives

September 2002

From:
branislav misovic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:13:12 +0200
 Dear all
  here is the program you've been waiting for so long . Read it and apply as
soon as possible on :

Deadline for application is 8th of October . WE have limited places so hurry up.

You can forward this mail to anybody aegee member interested.

can't wait to see you all.

 Climing Angurie & Mboro team .

After so many surprises AEGEE RIJEKA, ZAGREB and LJUBLJANA  as the
members of the RAINBOW REGION, are proud to present for the second time:

THE NATURAL EXPERIENCE II
RAINBOW AEGEE SPORT TRILOGY:

CLIMBIN' ANGURIE AND MBORO

Platak, MIRKO’S HUT, Risnjak, SCHLOSSER’S HUT
Risnjak National Park, Croatia

11.-13.10.2002.

PROGRAM

FRIDAY, 11.10.2002. LET’S FIND MIRKO

15.00-17.00             Gathering in Rijeka, MEETING POINT KONT
                        BRIDGE (see HOW TO COME PART.)  Veldin will
                        wait for you!

17.00                   Departure for Platak by bus

18.00                   Arrival at MIRKO’S HUT at Platak (1111m)

20.30                   WARMING UP
                        Welcome drink
                        Dinner: THE COOKING COMPETITION (see
                        below)

22.00                    “RASTURI-SE” PARTY!

SATURDAY, 12.10.2002.  WILD, WILD , WILD

8.00                    Wake up (SORRY!)

8.30                    Breakfast

09.00                   Departure for the Risnjak and Risnjak National Park
                        “UP AND DOWN TRACK” through the deepest
                        woods...

12.00                   Arrival at Schlosser’s hut (1418m) below Risnjak,
                        little recovering

12.15                   Another 100 m TO THE TOP!

12.30                   TOP OF RISNJAK (1528m) – MBORO’S DONE

12.30 – 13.00           Enjoying the view from the top

13.15                   GRAH at SCHLOSSER’s HUT

14.30                   Departure for Lazac valley

15.15                   Arrival to Lazac

15.30                   Back to Platak through ROMAN DOOR PASS
(1345m)

17.30                   Arrival to Platak

18.30-19.30             Recovering

19.30                   Dinner

20.30                   RAINBOW CRAZY PARTY

? “PAPAY ANGURIE” competition
? “METTI MBORO NEL BOCCA” competition
? DRINKING COMPETITION 2
? Competition awards

“PLAVA CIGANKA” FOR THE END

NEDELJA,    12.05.2002. EASY DAY

10.00                   Breakfast (Are you happy!?)

12.00 - 16.30   Free time Sport games and enjoying
                Football match (Angurie Vs Mboro)

16.30                   Return to Rijeka

17.30                   At the sea:
        GOODBYE DRINK AT NINA’S BOAT IN RIJEKA

SEE YOU AT ZAGREB, CROATIA!!!
The Natural Experience III

WHAT IS?

1) THE NATUAL EXPERIENCE
It's a three-part adventure sport event (trilogy) that will be organised in
Rainbow region during 2002 by the co-operation of the three antenae
Ljubljana, Rijeka and Zagreb. The second part takse place at…

2) PLATAK
Interesting mountain region close to Rijeka, 1111 m  above sea, just 25
kilometers from the it, and nice skiing resort. Deep woods, rocky mountains,
beautiful views and grizlies make it interestnig for visitors. In the hart of Platak
there is MIRKO’S hut, the biggest one in the region, where we will go crazy.
To make the event even more interesting we prepared the visit to...

3) RISNJAK NATIONAL PARK
One of the most interesting national parks in Croatia, around Gorski kotar’s
(Croatian mountain region) second highest mountain Risnjak (1528 m). It is
surrounded by deep ancient woods, interesting trees, and animals, beautiful
views on the Adriatic sea. The heaven for alpinists, trekkers, climbers and all
people that love nature. The most interesting part of the Risnjak national park
is...

4) RISNJAK (1528m) AND SCHLOSSER’S HUT
The hart of the national park, with the beautiful view on the top. To the sea, to
the Slovenia, to Italy, to everywhere. There is a nice hut just below it where we
will eat original grah / fažol / pasulj!

Not to leave you without competitions and food we are about to organize….

5) COOKING COMPETITION
Every antena will have to bring, prepare and present their caracteristic meal.
Choose good meal, we want to enjoy. There will be four teams (Rijeka, Zagreb,
Ljubljana, Italians and others), voting and prizes for winners. You will have
limited time to prepare it! Don’t bring the same meals as on Komna because
you will be disqualified! We want to eat good and strange food!
Note: Ljubljana – necemo palentu z mlekom!!!

Other interesting parts are just comming...

6) “PAPAY ANGURIE” COMPETITION
Surprise, you will just have to wait for this. We can just tell you there are going
to be 4 teams  and the award is really something…. (strat applying now!). You
will need a drink before after this one, belive me, and that is why follows….

7) DRINKING COMPETITION – SUCK OŽUJSKO
The  best Croatian bear will be the subject here. The rules are KLASIKA, the
teams will apply on site. The size of the glass is a surprise!! Speaking of the
surprises, another one’s comming:

8) “METTI MBORO NEL BOCCA” COMPETITION
Another surpriseeeeee.....

OTHER INFO:

HOW TO COME?

BY BUS:
There will be a transportation organized from Rijeka (KONT BRIDGE).

BY CAR:
You can easily come to Platak by car.

NOTE: If you are comming by car you have to inform us before Oct. 6th,
othervise you will have to pay aditional 5 EUR for the bus reservation

DIRECTION FROM ZAGREB:
Drive to Rijeka direction. At motorway (approx. 140km from Zagreb) take exit
DELNICE and follow the old road for Rijeka. At Gornje Jelenje Pass (886m) go
STRAIGHT (not left!) to Rijeka. After 8 km of descending you will see the sign
for Platak. Go right and drive for another 8 km, pass the big parking, and after
200m you will be in front of Mirko’s house. Distance from Zagreb: 170 km

DIRECTION FROM RIJEKA:
Take motorway to Zagreb. At the end of big field (Grobnik field) exit the
motorway and take the old road to Zagreb. After approx. 8 km you will see the
sign for Platak. Go left and drive for another 8 km, pass the big parking, and
after 200m you will be in front of Mirko’s house. Distance from Rijeka 30 km

PARTICIPANTS

Unfortunately, we are limited at maximum of 40 participants. So please hurry up
with your application forms! And do them good!

NOTES

1. This is a sport event. It is nothing extreeme, but still you have to be fit to
participate in it! And you have to love AEGEE people, way of thinking, our
games and, of course, nature. If you cannot walk or go up it is going to be
pretty hard for you.
2. You do not have to bring your sleeping bags, we are sleeping in a big
mountain hut with separate rooms (4 or 5), liquid water and toilets.
3. We are going in Gorski kotar mountains (1000m-1500m of altitude). It can be
quite cold upthere especially in the evenings. Bring warm clothes and a
jackets.
4. Bring good, warm and comortable trekking shoes with you (VERY
IMPORTANT). Bring also slippers for the dormitory.

HOW TO APPLY?

Step 1. Fill this form:

NATURAL EXPERIENCE II
APPLICATION FORM

1. Name and surname:

2. Antenna:

3. Date of birth:

4. E-mail:

5. Vegetarian (yes/no):

6. Sport activities:

7. Ever been on longer trekking (yes/no):

Describe shortly why do you want to participate at this event?

Step 2. Send it to:

Step 3. Drink grappa / rakija / žganje for luck

DEADLINE: Oct, 8th, 2002

FEE:
· 30 EUR
· 220 HRK
· 6900 SIT

INCLUDING:

· Transportation from Rijeka to Platak and back
· Two nights at Mirko’s hut at Platak
· Welcoming drink
· Breakfast for Saturday and Sunday
· Dinner on Saturday
· Entrance in  Risnjak National Park
· Lunch at Schlosser’s hut on Sunday
· ANGURIE AND MBORO
· Enough syntehol & non-syntehol for parties