RAINBOW-L Archives

June 2001

From:
Silva Petrovic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Silva Petrovic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 20:42:35 +0200
dear francesco, davide and all other rainbowists!

allow me to say a few words, and jump into this male-italian discussion:)

first of all, as marco said, let's take it easy! we are all on the SAME SIDE here! there is no need for hard tone. and PLEASE, don't take things so personally! REMEMBER, THAT WE ARE A NETWORK!!  we are here to work together, and help each other! that's why NetCom is here, that's what davide is trying to do, that's why i chose to try being subcommie for croatia and slovenia - TO HELP, in any way that i can and know! and NOT to patronize anyone!

francesco...i don't think it was anyone's intention to insult or underestimate aegee in south of italy, and your antennae! this IS NOT an attack on your antennae, and there is no need to get defensive, really. emails can often cause communication misunderstandings, and discussion goes in the wrong way. let's try to be constructive - all of us!, let's not stick to other people's words- look for the real meaning, since english is not our mother tounge, sometimes we say things meaning it differently from what the others might understand from them.

now..there are two issues here, as i see it.

1. great SUs in sothern italy+ other good activities - "do we need more?!"
2. role&need of netcom/subcommie there

1. concirning the first one..i have to say that GREAT SUs in sothern italy are one of the first things i've heard about in aegee! i hope, maybe next summer, i'll get a chance to experience it:) and you say, u managed to get a great office, do good work with erasmus...OBVIOUSLY, you know how to work, obviously there is  a lot of POTENTIAL in you. WHY NOT USE IT MORE? yes, a lot of people come to SUs, but there are others (like me:)) who can't come to SU, who'd like to see more conferences, more action there - to get a chance to come and experience it!
to come back to my point - saying "it would be great to get this part of region more active" does not mean your SUs and so far work are not good! on the contrary - it means they are so good, that it would be great to see more european events, contacts, people, there!

(and, again, i'm not "playing smart" here! i'd like the same for my own antenna! and will try it.)

2. now back to netcom...i have to repeat myself and say: WE ARE A NETWORK, OF FRIENDS, PEOPLE WITH SIMMILAR IDEALS&VISIONS, WORKING TOGETHER! that's the great thing about aegee - u're never alone! we're in it together:)
the role of netcom, as i see it, is to HELP. nobody is here to tell us what to do in our antenna, or to order us, or to play smart on us. netcom is not your "boss"! there is no need to look at these people that way. i had simillar conversation with a person in my antenna. he was saying "we don't need those people to tell us what to do and mess with our business!" but it's a WRONG attitude! netcom is your FRIEND, and not an enemy!
even when davide said, "my interest will be toward another part of Rainbow Region", i don't think he meant anything bad. he was just trying to "provoke" you a bit...to shake you up. maybe you feel you don't need any help from him, but he also NEEDS HELP from you! he needs your feedback!

u say, you want to have RM. isn't there a way to talk with davide nicely about this? if you feel there is a need for it...i don't know the whole background of the story, but i'm sure it can be talked about! that's exactly why it would be nice to have Subcommie there! this person can help better communication between your antennae and netcom! he/she would have better insight in what's happening, how you think/feel, and could explain everything to davide! i'm sure that's what he's looking for.

so, role of this person is not to play smart on you and tell you what to do, and what not to do! the fact that you are doing good work, and feel you don't need help, doesn't mean that there wouldn't be any use in having subcommie to work on communication, between locals, between netcom and locals...it can always be helpful! if aegee salerno is really strong, maybe it could be its role to help others in that part of region. to help aegee to streghten there!

what i really wanted to point out, is to REMEMBER  that all of our antennae are connected. and aegee is not a competition between locals or regions! let's not start with that kind of atmosphere! let's not isolate ourselves, when the whole meaning of aegee is unifieing!

sorry if it was a very long email, but i got really emotional about it:)

europeanly, aegeely, rainbowly yours
Silva

Silva Petrovic
AEGEE-Zagreb
Public Relations WG of AEGEE-Europe, Secretary
Subcommissioner for RAINBOW region
email: [log in to unmask]
mobile: +385-98-600 503