RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2004

From:
Davide Calenda <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Regional List for Malta, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 20:47:19 +0200
Hi dear Region,
it was a great satisfaction for me to see such many Rainbowists elected
in AEGEE Europe by the last Agora.
I'd like to wish them here good luck and send my congrats to all of them.
And now if you have time just read these personal memories:

Nicola Rega, I've met him the first time in Ljubljana in the beginning of
the 2000. He was the treasurer of AEGEE Torino, and we discussed a lot about
AEGEE in the dormitory corridors. I remembered his enthusiasm, quite soon
he became one of the most active Rainbow SubCommie, he turned almost alone
AEGEE Torino from a funny oriented local to an Antenna able to organize
Project Events, RMs, European Schools, AGORA!

Claudio Valerio, I?ve met him in Napoli also in the 2000, at that time he
was planning to become more active in AEGEE, so he was in the first row
of the Rainbow SubCommie, the first one ever from Southern Italy. He was
able after some years to be back active in AEGEE Europe. If you need to
know more about friendship and AEGEE you should ask him, he?s an example
of this right conception.

Silvia Baita, in 2002 (maybe) I was introduced to her by Enrico Lai at
the?phone,
right before the Planning Meeting in Cagliari. She was secretary of her
local, but she didn?t attended a lot to the AEGEE events (high travel cost
from Sardinia). In few years she became member and Board member of several
AEGEE locals around the Network, supporting them in organizing events and
SUs, being active as Rainbow Subcommie by ?live?. She?s the right one at
the right place because she loves people, Silvia it?ll be hard to you to
make your Network trips without crying every time you move from a place
to another one.

Amedeo Ferrara, I started to know him better at the European School in Rome
2001, he?s best achievement was organizing a PR European School in Napoli
in an incredible fruitful revolutionary way, while he had to solve an enormous
amount of last minute troubles, and this again almost alone (Fabrizio Fantini
helped a lot). Being involved in AEGEE Europe for him is not a duty but
a mission he?s created for, since the beginning as a Rainbow SubCommie.

Sandro d?Onofrio, if I remember well AEGEE Termoli was created in 2002,
I was in contact with Sandro when he created AEGEE Modena but he was too
much alone at that time. In my point of view he?s another guy who met AEGEE
too late (as me anyway?)! That?s why probably his activity in AEGEE it?s
not planned but emotional, almost idealistic (as hichiking towards Albania
to reach Ohrid is showing us), he?s the newest Rainbow SubCommie of the
group and already an AEGEE Europe Commission president.

I know that not many people reached this part of my e-mail?, Nicola, Claudio,
Sandro, Amedeo, Silvia, here I wish to say that I?m extremely proud of your
results, seeing you in AEGEE Europe means that a part of myself is still
active in our wonderful association!

Bye bye.

Davide Calenda
Former Network Commissioner and still ?Rainbow friends?