RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2009

From:
Veronika Braun <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Veronika Braun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 2009 08:38:27 +0000
Dear AEGEE-members,

If you haven't had the chance so far to join the UK part of our Y Vote
campaign, use your chance now and apply for:

Y VOTE BUS TOUR - PART III
"Let’s go North!" (May 15 – 21, 2009)

http://www.karl.aegee.org/aeg-publ.NSF/9afb6a211e17102bc1256322004f24ea/9e7f5cd0765bef23c125759800467caa/$FILE/yvoteuk.pdf

Y Vote UK campaign trail will go to the north of England – to explore
England's most varied region with its special cultural, political and
economic characteristics that makes it being considered to have a cultural
identity separate from that of the rest of England.

During our one-week-trip, we will spread around the images, sounds and
messages of Y Vote 2009 all around these places:

1. STOKE-ON-TRENT - home of the pottery industry in England and the city of
inspiration for many of Robbie William’s songs

2. LIVERPOOL – European Capital of Culture in 2008, home of the Beatles and
Wayne Rooney

3. BOLTON - birthplace of the Reebok brand and the city with the friendliest
people in Britain

4. MANCHESTER – Britain’s “Capital of the North”, home of “The Guardian”
newspaper and Oasis

5. SHEFFIELD – the UK’s greenest city and the home of world's first-ever
official football club

6. BRADFORD – city of the British National Media Museum and home of the
Nobel Prize winner Sir Edward Appleton

If you are adventurous and creative, if you are enthusiastic campaigner and
pioneering explorer join for an amazing week of the European Youth Choice!

The fee of 50€ includes ho(s)tel accommodation, the bus trip, meals and
programme.

Fly to:
Birmingham Airport (http://www.bhx.co.uk/)
Or Manchester Airport (http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk)

And back from:
Leeds/Bradford Airport (http://www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk)
Or Manchester Airport (http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk)

With cheap flights from following companies (among others):
http://www.ryanair.com/
http://www.easyjet.com/
http://www.bmibaby.com/

Apply here until May 5th: