Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 21:13:25 +0200
From: Enrico Lai <[log in to unmask]>
To: Cucumber <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [RAINBOW-L] Motivation (even more)!

Ciao Fabrizio.. happy to hear you again... i would like to comment your mail
because i want to point something..

> Re-vitalizing a list is already something for a provocative message!
> I didn't know so many people were subscribed to rainbow-l, Gunnar,
> Markella, and all the oldies and newbies make this a strong list for a
> strong region.

You can see that we are in some way interesting also for people out of the
region...

> So many people followed-up my email about motivation and lobbying that
> it is impossible to quote personally not to bore the others here;
> firstly thanks to Luca, Enrico and the others who named me a "very
> motivated person" and Termoli as one of the best presentations during
> the Agora.

we have only say the truth.. you are indeed one of the most motivated person in
the region.

> About lobbying allow me to speak a few more words, after looking
> carefully at the reactions this magic word created.
> Yes, I am in favour of lobbying, yes I think it is a good thing! So,
> did I get crazy?

> My words were maybe over-emotional in that moment, but cold-blooded now
> it is time to read through it again. Since I think all of this is due
> to the extra-tensed way that people are creating alliances and secret
> pacts to defend each other. This is a bad thing, and I agree it needs
> to be fought!

Yes it is true, especially in the future...

> What I express with "lobbying" is a sane concept, no secret, no
> masonry. Working together and cooperating! Speaking with each other,
> meeting, feeling compact and working out the present conflicts! I
> strongly believe that people from Spain and Italy, especially from the
> South, have much much more to say than they do now.

I agree completely..

> Only we need to "free the energies"! Give the people a platform to
> discuss their ideas and to see that they are not alone, as we are many
> who would like to "do something more" for Aegee!
>
> Just one more paragraph to go. We have some unsolved conflicts at the
> moment, as I see that Chiara did not really appreciate my way to
> express things. Southern Italians are very different from Northern
> Italians; in every event I have been I heard some italians to specify
> their origin from south or north... and indeed for me it is perfectly
> normal to shout loud "as in the ill-working italian parliament" my
> ideas in an emotional way, thing that maybe Chiara would never do. But
> it is just a matter understanding each other, never we begin never we
> get somewhere!

well this is not really true... this is a real personal matter, i don't see this
difference indeed.. for example think of me and Davide.. we are really similar but
about the way to express ourselves we are not the same.. and i come from the
south...

> I feel that we need first to look inside ourselves and see what is not
> effective in our way to work in Aegee on the European Level. Let me say
> that I believe Luca was a perfect candidate for JC and I sincerely ask
> to myself why he didn't find a way to it. Maybe he could have
> contributed to that difficult situation in a more effective way?

Of course, but because he feels to have done something wrong he prefere not to
candidate.. we call it marchese not for joke.....

> Yes,
> we shout out loud, but we also know how to work hard when it is needed.
> I hope Luca agrees!

I agree too..

> It is only after we understand what keeps us from forming a body with
> at least some common ideas and denominator that we can look outside for
> recognition. I would like to see Italy contribute more! And Spain!
> We can not only enter some existent body, but also contribute to the
> discussion about the reforms... I don't want to campaign only for
> position, but also make our voice be heard when it is time for making
> the important decisions. This does NOT happen now! Look at Davide's
> proposal about transparency, it is very good but obviously something
> did not work out fine. What, why?

It has worked enough by now... in Aegee sometimes you need some time to digest the
changes.. we are sure that you as many others will help now Davide and Bobigosa to
implement the proposal already in Cagliari.

> Is it just that we are shorter and less fluent in English than northern
> europeans? (As I notice here in Sweden?) Or that we have less capacity
> to tie up together into a common voice?

No at all.. well i'm the classic example.. my  ?!? little ?!? difficulties in
english never forbid me to get what i want..about the second reason yes maybe we
have less capacity not to have a common voice but to have many of us involved and
informed of what is going on... outside our Region instead you can see how many
members of one only local for example are really involved in everything.. this
means maybe to have more power in the Network.

this is my idea of lobbying, and I am sorry if this hurts someone or awoke
phantoms of secret organizations or P2. I am sure that Davide's work with a big
team of subcommissioners was a good start, maybe now it is time to look for
further improvements... yes..  and i am sure that you will be a great helper for
future improvements.

> well, I hope I made myself clear without over-emotional ´biases this
> time

You were totally clear.

> PS Can I say that this moment was awful?
> 20 locals ready to sign... tension in the air with Matina and Dijan
> sitting in the first row crying and sobbing. The CD was not singing for
> the signing (word-game)... I was almost the only one with Pepijn to
> know the whole song and singing from the front stage, plus some one
> from the public. It was lousy!!!! Again, sorry, of course the
> word "shit" was quite strong, as they were the emotions all the
> presents felt in Amsterdam :)

You are completely right.. it was the worst closure of my 11 Agoras.
ciao
Enrico