please forward this to your local mailing lists!

tickets are reimbursed 70%, accommodation & food is provided!

and they are looking for rainbow participants!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Y Vote Coordination Team <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:44 PM
Subject: [EVENT-L] Extended Deadline for "Y Vote on Citizenship" in
Groningen!!
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear AEGEE-members,

*For our next event* *in the framework of the Y Vote 2009 Campaign*

*Y Vote on Citizenship
Groningen, December 6th-12th
*
*we are still looking for participants from BULGARIA, ESTONIA, FRANCE,
ITALY, LATIVA, NETHERLANDS, SLOVENIA and SPAIN!!!*

What does European citizenship mean to you?
Did you know that next June European elections are held?
Did you know that you can vote for those?
What power does the European Parliament exercise within the European Union?

The Y Vote 2009 Campaign – European Youth Choice embodies the desire for
true knowledge of our supposedly Europeanization!
The cycle of 10 conferences starts NOW, on December 6th, in Groningen, The
Netherlands!
The first theme that is assessed is 'Citizenship'.

Meet young people from the whole European 'demos', share your ideas with
them, and inspire yourself!

The aim of this conference is:
* to give the participants the practical knowledge with which they can
encourage other young people to vote
* to formulate answers to the Youth Agenda chapter on Citizenship.

We will have lectures on 'Citizenship' held by experts, intensive workshops
on subtopics, different sorts of panel discussions with EU and national
officials and other experts, inspiring meetings with Members of European
Parliament and the Dutch parliament, and also a small part of the programme
will be dedicated to the try-out of street actions.

In order to warm up the participants for the discussions they'll be given
homework assignments prior to their arrival. In the workshop groups we will
explore the answers to the Youth Agenda chapter on Citizenship.

*Participants: 40
Participation fee: € 40,- (+ 70% of travel costs covered)

APPLY NOW!!!
*
http://karl.aegee.rwth-aachen.de/calendar.nsf/ApplicationIndiv?OpenForm&ParentUNID=DF2D809143FE0AB6C12574F400467EE4

*Extended DEADLINE: November 12th, 2008!!

**
*
Hope to see you in Groningen in December!

Your Y Vote Coordination Team & AEGEE-Groningen

--
Y Vote 2009 - European Youth Choice

--
--