Da: Anya Petrova <[log in to unmask]>
A: Enrico Borella <[log in to unmask]>
Inviato: Lun 31 maggio 2010, 22:30:16
Oggetto: Last chance to apply: OWC on Climate Change in Toulouse

Hi everyone..

Due to some cancellation of participants, we are happy to announce that there are still few places left for the first event of the Beyond Europe project:

One World Convention on Climate Change: Tackle THE challenge?,

to take place in Toulouse between 16th and 22nd of June.

APPLY UNTIL 1st JUNE

For this occasion, Toulouse, also said the ?pink city? will wear its green close and will offer you 5 days of visits, workshops, discussion with various speaker, debates...

Everyone knows climate change is a thorny issue, but still not enough people have a clear idea of what is behind this situation. You are curious? interested? already active? Apply!
We will try to explain clearly the in and out of the situation, collect your own viewpoint, gather ideas to concretely tackle THIS Challenge!
Moreover, lucky you, the event will take place right during a traditional French event, called ?la fЙte de la musique? (music festival) which will happily bring the last note to this incredible event

what else do you have to know?

Participation fee: 35 Euro including 3 meals per day, lodging in a students' dormitory and all activities

Find all infos on http://www.intranet.aegee.org/event/view/1532/1648
or check out our promo video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfGd6WHTNcQ
and our facebook event http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/event.php?eid=122650037748013&ref=m

We are looking forward to reading your application @ [log in to unmask]

*** ***

I want to testify today about what I believe is a planetary emergency - a crisis that threatens the survival of our civilization and the habitability of the Earth.
Al Gore (testifying on impact of global warming before US congress)
The blunt truth about the politics of climate change is that no country will want to sacrifice its economy in order to meet this challenge, but all economies know that the only sensible long term way of developing is to do it on a sustainable basis.
Tony Blair

Climate change poses clear, catastrophic threats. We may not agree on the extent, but we certainly can't afford the risk of inaction.
Rupert Murdoch

The danger posed by war to all of humanity - and to our planet - is at least matched by the climate crisis and global warming. I believe that t he world has reached a critical stage in its efforts to exercise responsible environmental stewardship.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon

The issue of climate change is one that we ignore at our own peril. There may still be disputes about exactly how much we're contributing to the warming of the earth's atmosphere and how much is naturally occurring, but what we can be scientifically certain of is that our continued use of fossil fuels is pushing us to a point of no return. And unless we free ourselves from a dependence on these fossil fuels and chart a new course on energy in this country, we are condemning future generations to global catastrophe.
Barack Obama