From: Ivan Bielik <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2013/1/13
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] OPEN-CALL for participating in new debate project
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear network,

IPWG is trying to develop new platform for discussion within AEGEE. For this goal we need your contribution. Therefore we are looking for people who want to write small opinion paper on the motions which are set for online debates.

So far, only one member of AEGEE applied as a speaker.

First, AEGEE related online debate on the topic

AEGEE should establish Social Fund for supporting members to travel to Statutory events

is reedited after some discussion on The intent on providing travel support reimbursements for Statutory events of AEGEE to disadvantaged members by Social Responsibility Fund was a good decision. In order to start this debate we need to have affirmative and negative view about this motion. Affirmative speaker already applied. So now we are waiting for negative speaker to occur.

Second motion

Rich people should pay higher taxes so far does not have any speaker. If you are interested in social questions or you think that tax policy favors the rich, then apply for the position of speaker in this debate. Again we need affirmative and negative speaker as well.

If you are interested, please contact me either through this email or [log in to unmask]

Kind regards,

Ivan Bielik
Speaker of IPWG

From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: OPEN-CALL for participating in new project
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:00:32 +0100

Dear network,

IPWG proudly announces new online debate project which is called AEGEEDebate. The project is supported by Comité Directeur as well.

The idea of new project is to overcome the lack of discussion in AEGEE. Now IPWG is looking for people willing to write texts for these online debates. Now it is up to you! We want to recruit two speakers for each debate. You can choose from these two debates.

First debate has a motion which is AEGEE related - AEGEE should establish Social Fund for supporting members to travel to Statutory events. (motion 1)

Second debate has a motion which is politics related - Rich people should pay higher taxes. (motion 2)

Both motions are controversial. So, if you think that you can argue for one side of debate (affirmative or negative) and are willing to present your arguments on the Internet, please contact us through email address [log in to unmask] (put motion 1 or motion 2 as a subject of email).

In email provide us with information about

  • your AEGEE local

  • your field of study

  • your desired position in the debate

  • short motivation (max. 5 sentences)

in order to choose the best options for speakers.

The deadline for contacting us is on 10th of January 18:00 CET. Two days is enough for expressing interest to join the debate as a speaker.

After this deadline we will choose two speakers for each debate. These people are supposed to write texts for the debate. After collecting affirmative and opposing opinions, debate will be free to comment for all members of AEGEE.

Looking forward to your activity.

On behalf of IPWG board,

Ivan Bielik

Speaker of IPWG
============================================================================== Site AEGEE-Europe: http://www.aegee.org Archives + Subscribe: https://lists.aegee.org/announce-l.html To unsubscribe you have to unsubscribe from both AEGEE-L and ANNOUNCE-L lists ============================================================================== AEGEE's mailing lists are powered by L-Soft's renowned LISTSERV(R), www.lsoft.com

--
Wieke van der Kroef

Speaker of the Network Commission of AEGEE-Europe
www.aegee.org/netcom

Mob. BE +32 (0)484 626 108 or NL: +31 (0)6 208 111 06
Email: [log in to unmask]
Skype: w.vanderkroef
Twitter: @wvanderkroef

--