AEGEENEWS-L Archives

November 2014

AEGEENEWS-L@LISTS.AEGEE.ORG

From:
AEGEE-Europe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AEGEE-Europe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Nov 2014 18:52:23 +0100
Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser
<http://us7.campaign-archive2.com/?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=97035353ad&e=b0a1ea0102>.

<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=a5d01c35cd&e=b0a1ea0102>

             Dear Network,
Last week we held our biannual General Assembly hosted by AEGEE-Cagliari. A
lot of interesting discussions took place on the current developments in
our association. We hope that everybody is back at home safely and
motivated to continue the good work in our beloved organisation.

Read below the latest developments in AEGEE and beyond.

Your Comité Directeur 2014-2015
          News from AEGEE
Successful Agora for the Strategic Plan, Action Agenda and ACT
Strategic Plan and Action Agenda got a lot of attention during the Autumn
Agora Cagliari: both in plenaries and progress meetings. More than 30
people had the chance to attend a Progress Meeting about the Action Agenda
and the Strategic Plan, held by the Action Agenda Coordination Committee
(ACT), and presenting the new Guidelines for the Action Agenda 2014-15 for
the first time.

Find out more here
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=6681b479ef&e=b0a1ea0102>
.
  European Day of Languages 2014
European Day of Languages in AEGEE is approaching!
We celebrate it on November 20th, but you can organize something in your
local another day if it fits better for you.
Do not forget to join our Facebook group
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=6e603c317e&e=b0a1ea0102>
for sharing your activities and take a look on these wonderful ideas
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=57f62eec7f&e=b0a1ea0102>.
If you need more, just ask Language Working Group
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=b24cfacb11&e=b0a1ea0102>
.
  Join IPWG's new Initiative about TTIP and CETA!
International Politics Working Group started to new initiative about What
is the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) and
Comprehensive Trade and Economic Agreement (CETA).

These agreements are the very important key factors for economic growth for
both EU and USA and doesn't only lower the very well established standards
in Europe, but also effective mechanism in favor of economic aspects. How
do AEGEE members as young active people in our societies see the arguments?
Join the group
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=4723ac658d&e=b0a1ea0102>
and get involved in discussions.
  SUiting you up for SUmmer!
Would you like to organize best Summer University? Or maybe you just want
to learn more about project management and about the SU project? The
Academy and SUCT are ready to Suit you up for the Summer!

Then join Summer University Project School in Cluj-Napoca, Romania from 7th
to 14th of December, 2014. More information here
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=cc43857073&e=b0a1ea0102>
and
apply here
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=9f3b4ea6c5&e=b0a1ea0102>
.
  LGBTI rights matter at the Agora Cagliari

Thematic session: "LGBT and gender equality: an AEGEE matter" led by the
policy officers on Gender equality (Léa Charlet, AEGEE-Paris) and in LGBTI
rights (Teo Šarić, AEGEE-Zadar) was held; a workshop on "Sexism and gender
stereotypes" was led by Mara Poniros was held.

If you are interested to work on the topic, join the mailing list PRIDE-L
and Facebook Group
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=fd46bfeae8&e=b0a1ea0102>,
and be ready to collaborate with the Policy Officer on LGBTI Teo Šarić.
Needless to say, your sexual orientation or gender identity are not an
obstacle to participate in our activities.
     The AEGEEan Section
And the Autumn Agora 2015 goes to… AEGEE-Kyïv
During a long and engaging closing plenary, AEGEE-Kyiv was anounced as the
host local for the Autumn Agora 2015. Minutes before the announce-ment we
spoke with Anna Pykhtina, current president of AEGEE-Kyiv, to know better
their feelings towards this big event. Read more here
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=88aadd7723&e=b0a1ea0102>
.
  RENOVE IV, where everything started
There we were again. Back in Manjirón, where this popular event took place
for the very first time back in 2011 and where some of the most
active members of our area nowadays also started! More about RENOVE here
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=956484b3de&e=b0a1ea0102>
.
  The title of a spy story movie: Sankt-Petersburg
"I just feel that I have woken up from my dream and all the memories are
flashing in my head. The epic, beautiful buildings, the endless twilight,
the colorful programs, the marvelous nightlife, the wonderful city lights
and of course the most important thing: the unforgettable people I met
there." Read more about the Summer University here
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=dcf732637e&e=b0a1ea0102>
.
    Beyond AEGEE
Education Week 2014 is here!
Today the Education Week 2014 started in Brussels and will last until
Friday, November 7th. It provides a space for the European Youth Forum and
its members to advocate for the right to quality education for all young
people in Europe.

You can follow the #EduWeek14 hashtag and @Youth_Forum on Twitter
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=a92c5ea8e8&e=b0a1ea0102>
for updates on the high-level panels, roundtables and workshops, and follow
the live blogging of the event
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=e893949875&e=b0a1ea0102>
.
    External Opportunities
EU Studies Fair 2015, Brussels, Belgium (6-7 February 2015)
The EU Studies Fair is an education and networking event bringing together
international students, top-level universities – from European, US and Asia
- and representatives of the EU institutions, in Brussels.
Over 50 high-level academic institutions from across the world are expected
to be present at the Fair to provide information about their undergraduate
and postgraduate programmes in EU studies, international relations,
business, economics and law.

Online registrations are now open here
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=89490cfd7a&e=b0a1ea0102>.
If
you register before 19 December 2014, you could win unique prizes!
  AEGEE supports: Right to Move campaign
ECAS and the EU Rights Clinic are launching the Right To Move campaign
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=e41d6c0be9&e=b0a1ea0102>
which
is comprised of Seven Strategies to improve the Free Movement of Persons in
the EU. On the 12th of November, the seven strategies will be presented in
the European Parliament together with key MEPs and policy-makers.

Join the campaign and share your story here
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=2f4f3f2b36&e=b0a1ea0102>
.
  Participate in the European Youth Essay Competition 2014
UAEM Europe
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=27fc41a19a&e=b0a1ea0102>,
youth-led nonprofit organization campaign-ing for access to affordable
medicines in resource-poor settings worldwide launches the European Youth
Essay Competition
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=ec2fcf4db7&e=b0a1ea0102>
aimed
at young European residents interested in Access to Medicines, Human Rights
and Global Health. Read more and participate here
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=55abcaf920&e=b0a1ea0102>
.

<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=121b3f83db&e=b0a1ea0102>
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=049ed6f3b4&e=b0a1ea0102>
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=9b69d679a3&e=b0a1ea0102>
 Upcoming
Events
Europe and its identities // How divided is Europe?
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=3b43a3fe0f&e=b0a1ea0102>

Delft, 04.12.2014 - 07.12.2014
Political event in honour of Frank Biancheri, founder of
AEGEE-Europe. Together with the 30th anniversary of AEGEE, this is carried
out to discuss and explore the future of Europe in cultural, political and
ideological sense.
  Time Travelers in Belarus: True Story
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=3021f7cebe&e=b0a1ea0102>

Minsk/Brest, 12.01.2015 - 18.01.2015

Time machine is leaving for Belarus!

Next station is … Minsk of the 19th century!
  AEGEE-Gdańsk New Year's Eve - Oscar Party
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=30dcc7935d&e=b0a1ea0102>

Gdańsk, 30.12.2014 - 01.12.2015
Have you ever seen The Oscars Gala live? No? We knew that, so only here,
only with us, only during the New Year's Eve 2015, you have the opportunity
to not only see The Oscars, but you can stand on the red carpet and take
part in the race for the golden statuette!
  NYE AEGEE-Utrecht: PEACE of Cake!
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=b912074199&e=b0a1ea0102>

Utrecht, 28.12.2014 - 02.01.2015
Taste OLIEBOLLEN at New Years! Join us in Utrecht, discover its Underground
life, visit international city of peace & justice The Hague and discover
your inner hippie at our Peace Party! But above all, celebrate 2015 like
only Dutchies can! PEACE of Cake!
  To be a RUSSIAN HERO!
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=e73fea1a1d&e=b0a1ea0102>

Samara, 30.12.2014 - 08.01.2015
To be the russian hero mean to feel us, our hearts, souls and
traditions.Feel the scent of Xmas tree, tangerines, take part in Russian
dances, games, cultural events, Russian lessons and party!
  Traditional Slovenian drinks and habits 2014
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=316ce97986&e=b0a1ea0102>

Ljubljana, 27.12.2014 - 02.01.2015
AEGEE-Ljubljana is bringing back one of the projects the longest tradition
in all of AEGEE. Traditional Slovenian drinks and habits is coming back to
celebrate New Year with you in Slovenia with style!
  NWM SkopYEAH! vol. 2
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=d9bd3aa318&e=b0a1ea0102>

Skopje, 28.11.2014 - 30.11.2014
Join us in Skopje and learn more about AEGEE Europe's newest projects, meet
other AEGEEans and share good practices or issues your antenna has been
facing. Besides the powerful agenda of the meeting, you will also enjoy the
beautiful City of Skopje and it’s excellent, dynamic, day and night life.
  NWM Mağusa: Meet the Mediterranean
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=a1d01c9458&e=b0a1ea0102>

Mağusa, 20.11.2014 - 23.11.2014
NWM of the Eastern Mediterranean & Caucasus Network at AEGEE Europe is
taking place in Mağusa on 20-23 November 2014! Get to know about your
network, help each other to solve your problems in your local and make new
friends in the Mediterranean!
  NYE CAPITAL CITIES:#Moskva #Kyiv
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=e863dc668b&e=b0a1ea0102>

Moskva/Kyiv, 29.12.2014 - 08.01.2015
#CAPITAL CITIES #Moskva #Kyiv! It’s something abso-hipster-lutely
unbelievable! READY FOR MORE? It’s the 1st Traveling NYE that gonna take
place in two countries, organized by great locals-friends who do not care
about politics, but friendship! #hatersgonnahate, #aegeeansgonnaorganize!
  Frozen in Belgrade
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=dd0aaf199c&e=b0a1ea0102>

Belgrade, 27.12.2014 - 02.01.2015
Frozen in Serbia? Sounds too cold? Think again!
  External Events
Seminar on Employability: Is it really something new?
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=7a5c791905&e=b0a1ea0102>

08.01.2014 - 11.01.2014
A seminar exploring the connection of employability and youth work. Issues
of youth unemployment and consequent social and economic exclusion is
rather becoming a reality. What is the role of youth sector in all of this?
  The Power of Non Formal Education 2015
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=eefd9b01bd&e=b0a1ea0102>

20.01.2014 - 25.01.2014
Improving the impact of Non Formal Education (NFE), principles and methods
in empowering young people as real actors of the society (from local to
Europe). Experiencing Portuguese culture through interactions and
partnerships with a local community.
  E-Learning Training: EU Funds and project Management
<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=fe5cfb627e&e=b0a1ea0102>

01.11.2014 - 28.02.2015
4 months of e-learning training. General objectives are where are the
funds? How they work? What they support? Who can apply for? How to manage
them?

*In case you would not like  to continue receiving the newsletter, you
may leave the list at any time  by sending a "SIGNOFF AEGEENEWS-L" command
in email body to [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>*