AEGEENEWS-L Archives

November 2021

AEGEENEWS-L@LISTS.AEGEE.ORG

From:
AEGEE-Europe Newsletter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AEGEE-Europe Newsletter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 2021 18:39:27 +0100
Dear AEGEEans! Here is the bi-weekly newsletter of AEGEE-Europe, full of
news, opportunities and AEGEE Spirit!
[image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/aegee>
[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/AEGEE_Europe>
[image: Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/aegee_europe>
[image: YouTube] <https://www.youtube.com/user/AEGEEEuropeChannel>
[image: Website] <http://aegee.org/>
[image: LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/aegee>
OPEN CALLS

*OPEN CALL for Hosting Locals - EoT9*

📢THE MOMENT IS FINALLY HERE FOR ALL AEGEE LOCALS!📢
This edition will be all about

♀️ Gender Equality and the Istanbul Convention

 📃 The time is here to become part of the amazing project that is Europe
on Track! 😍

CLICK *HERE* <https://bit.ly/HostingLocalsEoT9> TO APPLY FOR THE 9TH
EDITION!
<https://bit.ly/HostingLocalsEoT9>
APPLY HERE <https://bit.ly/HostingLocalsEoT9>

*Learn and Hack - Circular Economy for Youth Leaders 2022*

Do you want to learn about the circular economy while putting all the new
knowledge into practice?

“Learn and Hack” is a training course aimed at future leaders of Europe,
the young people, who are ready to contribute to the transition towards a
circular economy.

The applications are open for the physical events in Portugal (1.02.2022 -
7.02.2022) and Estonia (1.03.2022 - 7.03.2022). Deadline to apply is the
30th of November

<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfa8_wfVB4KjtNguhtGFyGuO29wpKpZmw_fzTt_R7zeJCvDVQ/viewform>
APPLY HERE
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfa8_wfVB4KjtNguhtGFyGuO29wpKpZmw_fzTt_R7zeJCvDVQ/viewform>

*Open Call: Hosting Locals for COP Simulation Events *

Have you been following the COP26 negotiations in Glasgow? Do you want to
experience a climate summit yourself? Then now is your chance! Host a COP
simulation in your local and discuss climate action with other AEGEEans
from your region. Possible dates are between March-June 2022. More
information can be found in the form, apply until 30 November 2021 23:59
CET!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSck8S7XZvbAk8PVWI_fRLnXpDIjGysQeYvY5LKi7GnzGQIFaQ/viewform>
APPLY HERE
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSck8S7XZvbAk8PVWI_fRLnXpDIjGysQeYvY5LKi7GnzGQIFaQ/viewform>
AEGEE NEWS

*Updates from Where Does Europe End 2.0!  *

WDEE 2.0 has some updates!

Firstly: you can apply for our project team open call until 18-11, 23:59!
Check our socials for information: wheredoeseuropeend.com/get-involved/

Secondly: you can still donate for our CROWDFUNDING! Every €1 helps us in
our journey to realize better events quality!

Lastly, we are looking for more externals to fill our project survey!
Please share it with your non-AEGEE European friends:
wheredoeseuropeend.eu/survey
<https://chuffed.org/project/where-does-europe-end>
SUPPORT HERE <https://chuffed.org/project/where-does-europe-end>

*Monday.com PARTNERSHIP  *

Monday.com is a customizable web and mobile work management platform. It is
designed to help teams and organizations increase operational efficiency by
tracking projects and workflows, visualizing data, and team collaboration.

Standard accounts are available for all AEGEE members.

To apply for these account, an Gsuite account is needed. f you do not have
a Gsuite account yet, please follow the instructions in this article to
obtain one.

For further questions, contact [log in to unmask]
<https://auth.monday.com/users/sign_up_new?source=web_main&origin=hp_fullbg_page_header#soft_signup_from_step>
REQUEST ACCOUNT HERE
<https://auth.monday.com/users/sign_up_new?source=web_main&origin=hp_fullbg_page_header#soft_signup_from_step>
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_GimzEukom0AsCiCkTXzL1QEUp22DI4C/view>

*Partnership with UniPlaces*

Uniplaces is the fastest-growing online marketplace for mid- to long-term
accommodation all across Europe.

Get a 20% discount on the service fee for your accommodation by using the
code *UP20AEGEE*. While safely booking your accommodation with Uniplaces
you also get to support AEGEE-Europe by using our code!
BOOK HERE
<https://www.uniplaces.com/?utm_source=aegee_studentunion&utm_medium=aegee_studentunion_site&utm_campaign=aegee_studentunion_site_prospecting_demand-xx_xx_xx_xx>

*Circular Economy - Thematic Month in November*

November will be the month of circular economy! Check out the social media
channels of the Climate Emergency Working Group for a mix of interesting
facts and examples of circular economy practices, and even tips on how to
make your own life more circular! Follow us now for these activities and
more (psst, we might even give you an occasional update from COP26)!
<https://www.instagram.com/ce.aegee/>
MORE INFORMATION HERE <https://www.instagram.com/ce.aegee/>

*How to request a Trainer?*

Do you want to organise a training event, but you lack trainers to do so?
In such a case, do not hesitate to contact the board of AEGEE-Academy and
we will do our best to find a matching trainer for you!

All you need to do is fill out the form that you will find in the official
‘’Request a
Training/Trainer‘’ page on the website of AEGEE-Academy.

We highly recommend you to contact us at least a month before the event and
if you have any questions you can always contact us via email at

We are looking forward to providing you an unforgettable Non-Formal
Education experience!
<https://www.aegee-academy.org/request-a-training/>
REQUEST A TRAINER <https://www.aegee-academy.org/request-a-training/>

*Set up your own AEGEE Contact*

Have you always wanted to set up your own AEGEE Contact, but you never knew
how to do it? Then you are in luck!

We have prepared a step by step guide on how to become an AEGEE Contact,
which you can find here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQRddt8H3J1RUYMpdxRxuhNqyV3BcP8mV8ykNLNup3o/edit?usp=sharing>
.

Some cities might be full of potential for AEGEE, but we don’t know about
them yet, if you think we should investigate whether we can found a Local
there, you can officially make a suggestion through this form
<https://forms.gle/4sryke6bD3hc2Mnc8>.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQRddt8H3J1RUYMpdxRxuhNqyV3BcP8mV8ykNLNup3o/edit?usp=sharing>
READ THE GUIDE HERE
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQRddt8H3J1RUYMpdxRxuhNqyV3BcP8mV8ykNLNup3o/edit?usp=sharing>
EXTERNAL NEWS

*The EU's Just Transition: Are we leaving no one behind?*

The third dialogue will look at climate justice, with a particular focus on
the main instrument the EU has put in place to tackle it: the Just
Transition Fund. The transition to a carbon-neutral economy, as outlined by
the European Green Deal, is expected to benefit most communities, but to
disrupt those whose economy depends on fossil fuels production. Under the
Multiannual Financial Framework 2021-2027, the EU launched in late 2020 a
special fund to help those regions rethink their economy and phase out
fossil fuel production. The result is the Just Transition Fund, which has
been operational since June 2021. It aims to "leave no one behind" in the
transition to a carbon-neutral economy. Currently, communities from all
around the EU are submitting to the Commission their transition plans to
access funding. The plans are currently under review for approval.

Under the theme "The EU's Just Transition: Are we leaving no one behind?"
the dialogue will focus on three main areas:
- An introduction to climate justice and the Just Transition Fund;
- A discussion on whether the design of the Just Transition Fund is fit to
ensure a just transition for the communities it is supposed to support;
- A look at the implementation of the Just Transition Fund as of October
2021, with a discussion on what we can expect for the coming years.

*Date: Monday 29th November, 17:00 CET*

<https://forms.gle/HXTTr5uEzeNj21AWA>
REGISTER HERE <https://forms.gle/HXTTr5uEzeNj21AWA>
<https://my.aegee.eu/discounts>

Dear AEGEEans, it's a pleasure to introduce you to *AEGEE Discounts: the
platform for discounts for AEGEEans!*

Did you forget the link to the FlixBus discounts? You want
to ship something but don't know the discount code for Eurosender? Just go
to MyAEGEE <https://my.aegee.eu/discounts/> and enjoy all the discounts
that are for AEGEEans!
<https://www.aegee.org/donations/>
Dear AEGEEans,  Here is the brand new *Donation Section for AEGEE! *With
the new addition on our website, it is possible to contribute to our
organisation by making donations.

You can visit the page here <https://www.aegee.org/donations/>! Please
contact [log in to unmask] if you have any doubts or questions related to
the form or to donations in general.
(un)Subscribe to the newsletter <https://lists.aegee.org/join/AEGEENEWS-L>
Submit content for the next Newsletter
<https://podio.com/webforms/2318137/167577>
Give us feedback! <https://podio.com/webforms/17124270/1151165>
Find Our Statements Here! <https://www.aegee.org/external/statements/>
*Do you want to submit content for our telegram channel?*
Now you can! We have created this form
<https://goo.gl/forms/rhECwrextFh9Qp2E2> to submit anything you would like
us to post in the channel, so you can announce something interesting, share
news with the whole network or send an open call!

Aren't you subscribed to the channel? Do it here <https://t.me/AEGEE_Europe>
!

+32 2 246 0320

Rue du Noyer / Notelaarsstraat 55, 1000 Brussels, Belgium