AEGEENEWS-L Archives

July 2022

AEGEENEWS-L@LISTS.AEGEE.ORG

From:
AEGEE-Europe Newsletter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AEGEE-Europe Newsletter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Jul 2022 15:22:11 +0200
Dear AEGEEans! Here is the bi-weekly newsletter of AEGEE-Europe, full of
news, opportunities and AEGEE Spirit!
[image: Facebook] <http://www.facebook.com/aegee>
[image: Twitter] <https://twitter.com/AEGEE_Europe>
[image: Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/aegee_europe>
[image: YouTube] <https://www.youtube.com/user/AEGEEEuropeChannel>
[image: Website] <http://aegee.org/>
[image: LinkedIn] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/aegee>
OPEN CALLS

*OPEN CALL FOR SUBCOMMIES*

🌟 Are you interested in the European level of AEGEE, and how the different
locals are doing nowadays? This position is a perfect start for you!

💪 A Subcommie is there to support the Netcommie in her work, but you are
also free to bring in your own ideas! I would like to give my SubCommies
tasks that fits them the best, and I will be flexible with worktimes, and
task distribution as well.

🌐 My area is the Flappy Seal Area which includes:
AEGEE-Bamberg, AEGEE-Darmstadt, AEGEE-Dresden, AEGEE-Erfurt,
AEGEE-Frankfurt am Main, Contact in Konstanz, AEGEE-Mannheim,
AEGEE-Marburg, AEGEE-Messina, AEGEE-München, AEGEE-Osnabrück, AEGEE-Passau,
AEGEE-Pescara, Contact in Prishtina, AEGEE-Roma, AEGEE-Siena, and
AEGEE-Stuttgart

✏️ You can apply on this link:
https://forms.gle/h3PQ2BbPTVudMqYs9

✌️ Feel free to contact me personally if you have any questions regarding
becoming Subcommie or if you are considering it but you aren't sure. - Your
Netcommie Zsuzsi

📅 The Deadline is August 2nd 23:59 CEST
<https://forms.gle/h3PQ2BbPTVudMqYs9>
APPLY HERE <https://forms.gle/h3PQ2BbPTVudMqYs9>
AEGEE NEWS

*CEWG Thematic Month: Minimalism*

Are you curious about minimalism and how a minimalist lifestyle can benefit
the environment and climate? Would you like to know how to become more of a
minimalist yourself? And have you heard about digital minimalism before?
Follow the social media of the Climate Emergency Working Group to dive
deeper into the topic of minimalism during our thematic month of July!
<https://www.instagram.com/ce.aegee/>
FOLLOW HERE <https://www.instagram.com/ce.aegee/>

*Agora Enschede 2023*

After having had 4 successful Agorae in 1997, 2005, 2012 and 2017, in 2023
the 75th Agora will take place in Enschede! Our bid for the Spring Agora
2023 has been accepted during the Spring Agora in Novi Sad, which we are
really excited about. Now the preparations can really start! Follow us on
Instagram and keep an eye on the website to stay up to date!
<https://www.instagram.com/agoraenschede>
FOLLOW HERE <https://www.instagram.com/agoraenschede>

*Share your thoughts!*

[image: 📝][image: ‼]FILL OUR SURVEY[image: ‼][image: 📝]
Do you remember that we launched a survey a few months ago? Well, we are
still looking for respondents! So fill it in and share it with every young
European friend! [image: 🤩][image: ❤️] You can find it at
www.wheredoeseuropeend.eu/survey
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wheredoeseuropeend.eu%2Fsurvey%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3cyVh5FdcncqhpUPvwxJ2Dyb1M9F03NKh28_dhjPfsaSgjjL0FF-_wCJ4&h=AT1csO-EuhU4l6UWbOAyClWVaDtjCw1yb5uQGgSDtKpvNrOsWG1Eb4ALH0zQKbXQWrkpYZl-ztMtX2z0Gxt63eZsczrEBzg4T2R-WA3Y86fYc7sKAqVDvITrfY4LT1QH2u20Dtb3XQ&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT2-gKVHprPo9ooQnYic8k47GvFWaa2f33_IkchXzXX6Ao6TCKLuURKDHVXjZPnZd1fOJaBOBO6JkKygChmdTC_ad_AGN_jTWykiwYr8D-PQCoS0r3wnRRAURuN0TrwcWsGgDBcCojZhLJ9-jUj1G-FyQDhNckmPeLwlcZIKw7Dmt1SlTgOnwfLNiQg4Hoee2dwAXA>
[image: ❔]WHAT IS IT FOR[image: ❔]

The goal of this survey is to know more about European Identity among young
people. We try to gather data from as many young European people as
possible who live in different regions, in order to analyse to what extent
they feel European.
<http://www.wheredoeseuropeend.eu/survey>
SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS <http://www.wheredoeseuropeend.eu/survey>

*AEGEE Social Responsibility Fund **- ASRF*

Dear AEGEEans,
With the application period for Spring Agora Novi Sad having been opened I
want to take the opportunity to inform you that an application form has
been integrated in myAEGEE for making requests to the AEGEE Social
Responsibility Fund.
For those that do not know about it, the AEGEE Social Responsibility Fund
(ASRF) exists to provide financial support to AEGEE members that cannot
attend events and experience all the opportunities that AEGEE offers at its
fullest due to their socio-economic situation.
So if you need this aid to pay for visa expenses, travel costs or the fee
of an event, you can apply for the fund through this link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScaXhkZqZq5ZKrQrcM8StGhflf4OalupArTVmm_aHGHsKw9nQ/viewform?fbclid=IwAR1bXpKVbhR5uaANOMOXqIrk7OY4355aL0QAH0CaJVxO3PsJfniH7vjtRPA>
.
Do you want to help make ASRF more sustainable in the long-run, accessible
and inclusive for all members?

   1. You can *make a donation* of the amount you choose in *the following
   link
   <https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aegee.org%2Fasrf-donation%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2lFocgChXEMb-bY5s_evShDhnQQ3STaj3n1oWv1-3a6AplpRcQe9MUeSY&h=AT2gdRbtN2qKHBR6OqEKAGzO_9pxw2TAn8sbr6G0j7wJ2XrXMi6r8sEdmR-kPqigTal15pEJeEvufYv6Dp5A-nslIlJWuK2DHfSGm1O5K_hMFctP9p-IOey3xIPTjAyaNjVtcQIQ4g&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT0q9fALiDcrCKmaoonp4nKx2iUYWrvEdRA3LXmAK2U2zqrZSyVjKc9wUg_YsFK9ClH__t3j-OvLgMem0R2tK2mbTW8MbaAe0c-Qf0OcSG1LigluUoLGMhjaNBDAwxLUGOA1nf-aaQ2hAPF16OOYV5TJvM9jMiIMSKnJ-p779E6ULWMKrxyN2rVxaOLZVwGK7AoyDu3A-qMTJQUubD8>.*
   2. Use our affiliate links when *travelling by train across Europe*. The
   revenue we receive from here will go in full towards supporting the ASRF.
   By doing this, you are one link away from contributing your part to make
   AEGEE more inclusive for everyone! (For future reference, this link can
   also be found on myAEGEE under Resources-Discounts).

<https://linktr.ee/TravelSustainableWithAEGEE>
AFFILIATED LINKS HERE <https://linktr.ee/TravelSustainableWithAEGEE>

*Set up your own AEGEE Contact*

Have you always wanted to set up your own AEGEE Contact, but you never knew
how to do it? Then you are in luck!

We have prepared a step by step guide on how to become an AEGEE Contact,
which you can find here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQRddt8H3J1RUYMpdxRxuhNqyV3BcP8mV8ykNLNup3o/edit?usp=sharing>
.

Some cities might be full of potential for AEGEE, but we don’t know about
them yet, if you think we should investigate whether we can found a Local
there, you can officially make a suggestion through this form
<https://forms.gle/4sryke6bD3hc2Mnc8>.
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQRddt8H3J1RUYMpdxRxuhNqyV3BcP8mV8ykNLNup3o/edit?usp=sharing>
READ THE GUIDE HERE
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rQRddt8H3J1RUYMpdxRxuhNqyV3BcP8mV8ykNLNup3o/edit?usp=sharing>
EXTERNAL OPPORTUNITIES

*Safe Space Training Course*

If you are living in Slovakia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Latvia, Greece,
Italy, Lithuania, Poland, France or Belgium, then join the space space
training course by Konsent to train yourself to adapt tools and attitudes
for:
1. creating conditions that prevent incidents of sexual harassment, i.e.
creating safe spaces;
2. providing care for the victim and the bystanders of the incident,
preventing secondary victimisation, dealing with the perpretrator;
3. ensuring care for the group after the incident, re-establishing safe
spaces.

Date: October 3rd (arrival day) - 11th (departure day)
Place: Statek Habří, Morava, Czechia, remotely in the beautiful countryside.
Fee: none
Deadline to apply: August 5th, 2022 at 23:59 CEST
<http://shorturl.at/exGKS>
SUPPORT HERE
<https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-young-people-in-ukraine?utm_campaign=p_lico+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer>
<https://my.aegee.eu/discounts>

Dear AEGEEans, it's a pleasure to introduce you to *AEGEE Discounts: the
platform for discounts for AEGEEans!*

Did you forget the link to the FlixBus discounts? You want
to ship something but don't know the discount code for Eurosender? Just go
to MyAEGEE <https://my.aegee.eu/discounts/> and enjoy all the discounts
that are for AEGEEans!
<https://www.aegee.org/donations/>
Dear AEGEEans,  Here is the *Donation Section for AEGEE! *With the addition
on our website, it is possible to contribute to our organisation by making
donations.

You can visit the page here <https://www.aegee.org/donations/>! Please
contact [log in to unmask] if you have any doubts or questions related to
the form or to donations in general.
(un)Subscribe to the newsletter <https://lists.aegee.org/join/AEGEENEWS-L>
Submit content for the next Newsletter
<https://podio.com/webforms/2318137/167577>
Give us feedback! <https://podio.com/webforms/17124270/1151165>
Find Our Statements Here! <https://www.aegee.org/external/statements/>
*Do you want to submit content for our telegram channel?*
Now you can! We have created this form
<https://goo.gl/forms/rhECwrextFh9Qp2E2> to submit anything you would like
us to post in the channel, so you can announce something interesting, share
news with the whole network or send an open call!

Aren't you subscribed to the channel? Do it here <https://t.me/AEGEE_Europe>
!

+32 2 246 0320

Rue du Noyer / Notelaarsstraat 55, 1000 Brussels, Belgium