AEGEENEWS-L Archives

October 2013

AEGEENEWS-L@LISTS.AEGEE.ORG

From:
AEGEE-Europe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AEGEE-Europe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2013 20:12:21 +0200
  Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your
browser<http://us7.campaign-archive1.com/?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=ab03265b9b&e=b0a1ea0102>.

        <http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=c6c0432430&e=b0a1ea0102>

             Dear AEGEEans,
welcome to this edition of the Newsletter!
In this edition of the newsletter, we have news about our Youth Rights
campaign and are still counting on your support!
Also, the Y Vote 2014 campaign has kicked off with its first two
conventions this month, both of them taking place in Spain.

If you are looking for a job currently, you might be interested in the
offers we have gathered for you below.

Yours,

Comité Directeur 2013-2014
           News from AEGEE
YouthRights.NOW Campaign. Time to ACT!
 In the past weeks we have prepared a campaign for Youth Rights which was
developed in April in Strasbourg by AEGEE, OBESSU, JEF-Europe, IGLYO, EFIL,
YEU, TEJO, CNJ, VJR, and ELSA (Legal advisor) and supported and adviced by
the European Youth Forum (YFJ) and the Advisory Council on Youth of the CoE.

 The campaing aims at rising the awareness about youth rights mentioned in
the Position Paper of Youth Forum (YFJ) among young people all over Europe
and at bringing the topic of a legal framework for youth rights back on the
agenda of the Council of Europe to ensure these rights to be respected in
every county.

 The campaign consists of an informational promo video translated in 24
languages, illustrating the youth rights. It redirects to the main website
which lists all Youth Rights.

 The campaign is based on website
http://www.youthrights.eu/<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=9bdd16ceac&e=b0a1ea0102>
<Click.Share.Act.NOW>

   Y Vote 2014 kicked off its campaign in Valladolid
 From 18th to 22nd of September 2013, 32 AEGEE members gathered in
Valladolid to officially Kick-off the Y Vote 2014 project. The Y Vote
project aims at turning students and first-time voters into actors of the
European Parliamentary Elections, coming up in May 2014.

 Supported by the Youth In Action project, this convention enabled AEGEE
members to discuss and find out more about the lack of youth participation
in the EP Elections, and proposing ways to face this issue, both through
policy recommendations and concrete actions.

 Stay tuned for more events proposed by the Y Vote project team, and check
all the information on our website:
http://www.aegee.org/yvote2014/<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=2c3a41ac84&e=b0a1ea0102>

   AEGEE present at the Human Dimension Implementation Meeting of OSCE in
Warsaw
AEGEE was present at the largest European conference on Human Rights and
Democracy, organised yearly by OSCE. A delegation of seven members attended
the discussions and participated in the side events, and thanks to the work
of our current Liaison Officer towards OSCE, Alin-Florin Calin, we also
held a meeting with the Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights
about possible participation of AEGEE in Election Observation Missions
under OSCE. We also found out that OSCE has an increasing interest in
involving youth in their work so we opened many opportunities for
collaboration in the future, under the Swiss Chairmanship in 2014.

Read more:
http://www.osce.org/hdim_2013<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=cc94257ab4&e=b0a1ea0102>
   Building Peace in the University of Youth and Development in Mollina,
Spain.
AEGEE travelled to the University of Youth and Development in Mollina with
one objective: putting together young people from the Caucasus area in a
neutral place to build up a project of conflict transformation. Our
participants came from all countries involved in the conflicts of the
region, but they discovered they share a lot, especially in their daily
challenges, so they joined efforts to find a way to change the situation
from a youth perspective.

Watch the video from the training:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqNTk01FC8s<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=4ff15ab345&e=b0a1ea0102>
     The AEGEEan Section
Teaming Up for AEGEE Fair at ZarAgora
Two girls from The AEGEEan have been chosen as fair managers for Autumn
Agora Zaragoza. One being Anna Gumbau (AEGEE-Barcelona), the editor of the
Working Groups/Project Teams section and the second being Dasha Onohova
(AEGEE-Moskva), who is famous for the pictures she takes at the statutory
events. The two girls also Work together in the Culture Working Group
(CWG), but there is much more to their AEGEE story and The AEGEEan shares
it with you here.

Read more:
http://www.zeus.aegee.org/magazine/2013/09/29/teaming-up-for-aegee-fair-at-zaragora/<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=a6d04ebbe3&e=b0a1ea0102>
   LGBT Rights – Russia, Why?
What happens if you are LGBT and you live or you decide to visit Russia? In
both cases you may end up in jail! If you are a visitor you may be in jail
for two weeks and then you will be deported!

Read more:
http://www.zeus.aegee.org/magazine/2013/10/05/lgbt-rights-russia-why/<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=f03d2666f3&e=b0a1ea0102>
   Local of the Month: AEGEE-Genova and its Outstanding Planning Meeting
If someone still believes that stereotype about the citizens of Genova
being greedy and narrow-minded, they haven’t met the members of
AEGEE-Genova. This young local, who signed the Convention d’Adhésion at EBM
Riga 2011, is growing fast and definitely likes to think big. That was the
reason they organized the Planning Meeting 2013, where a wide group of
AEGEEans gathered to discuss about the Focus Areas for the upcoming
Strategic Plan 2014-17.

Read more:
http://www.zeus.aegee.org/magazine/2013/10/07/local-of-the-month-aegee-genova-and-its-outstanding-planning-meeting/<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=3fc8767773&e=b0a1ea0102>
   It’s really up to Youth – YVote kick off in Valladolid
A sunny, clear day welcomed me to Valladolid on Wednesday 18th of
September. As I was picking up my backpack from the bus, I found myself
wondering what those five days would bring me. I wasn’t sure about what to
expect. I did not yet realize how some of my thoughts and points of view
about Europe would change in such a short period of time. I wasn’t aware of
what amazing people I would meet…

Read more:
http://www.zeus.aegee.org/magazine/2013/10/09/its-really-up-to-youth-yvote-kick-off-in-valladolid/<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=c699c97453&e=b0a1ea0102>
     Beyond AEGEE
Sign for the European Citizens Initiative on Mobility Programmes
 Only 16 (!) more days left to sign. Help Erasmus NOW! the petition of the
Fraternite 2020 group, which wants to enhance EU exchange programmes – like
Erasmus or the European Voluntary Service (EVS) – in order to contribute to
a united Europe based on solidarity among citizens.

 They have started a European Citizens Initiative and need your help to
sign the petition!

Do it  here if you ♥ Erasmus:
http://support.HelpErasmus.eu/<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=0cd9373e7b&e=b0a1ea0102>

   AEGEE's contribution to the European Year of citizens
 2013 is the European Year of Citizens. AEGEE is member of the Alliance for
the European Year of Citizens, and thus, contributes to the preparation of
policy recommendations which will be presented to decision-makers on
European level, in order to reach a more inclusive and participative
European democracy.

 If you are interested to find out what is the work of the Allicance, you
can check here:
http://ey2013-alliance.eu/news-view/what-is-eyca-2013-doing-oncenowthenafter/<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=2627666bb0&e=b0a1ea0102>

     External Opportunities
PHOTO CONTEST “CAPTURE THE ENERGY - Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy”
 The Province of Udine (Italy) wants to raise the awareness on energy
efficiency and renewable energies by organizing a photographic contest.
Participants are invited to submit images that are related to renewable
energies. The picture should strongly convey the message of energy
efficiency, that is the ability of “doing more with less”.

 Prizes will be awarded to the top three images that best represent the
goal of the contest, according to the technical competence and the
originality. The contest is open to all amateur photographers, at least 18
years of age and European Union citizens. The participation is completely
free of charge.

 1° prize: Gift voucher for photography shop - € 600,00 value
 2° prize: Gift voucher for photography shop - € 400,00 value
 3° prize: Gift voucher for photography shop - € 200,00 value

 Deadline for submissions (max. 2 images) is November 17th, 2013, 12pm
(UTC+1)

 To take part in the competition, fill in the registration form on the
website www.keeppoint.it<http://aegee.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=914e949f56&e=b0a1ea0102>

   Apply for the European Youth Event 2014
 The European Youth Event 2014 is organised by the European Parliament and
will take place from 9-11 of May 2014 in Strasbourg, France. It aims to be
an 'agenda changer'. The future of the EU belongs to the younger
generation, therefore you should have a contribution in debating and
shaping it. It will bring together up to 5,000 other young Europeans aged
between 16 and 30 from 28 Member States and beyond to come and actively
participate.
 For more information and the application, visit
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/eye2014/en/news/news.html<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=663af198ea&e=b0a1ea0102>
.

   Job Vacancies in Anna Lindh Foundation
 The Anna Lindh Foundation seeks for recruitment the following vacant posts:

 For the “Operating Grant Agreement” Programme and for the “Citizens for
Dialogue” Programme

*Deadline 19.10.2013*

 Read more:
http://www.euromedalex.org/about/job-vacancies<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=bb1516ac3f&e=b0a1ea0102>

   EU video competition for young people
 The European Commission has just launched a video competition in the
run-up of the European Development Days. In the run-up to European
Development Days 2013 – Europe’s premier forum on development, poverty
eradication and sustainable development – the European Commission want you
to have your say! All you have to do is make a short video (no more than
120 seconds) answering the following question: If you could have your say,
how would you fight poverty?

 Read more:
http://www.mladiinfo.com/2013/10/02/european-development-days-video-contest/#ixzz2ge4idUrF<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=00797555ad&e=b0a1ea0102>

   Vacancy at the European Policy Centre
 The European Policy Centre (EPC) is seeking a part-time Programme Leader
to manage and coordinate its role as operational partner in the FutureLab
Europeproject, a network of young European citizens, initiated by the
European Alliance for Democratic Citizenship, a consortium of European
foundations led by the Körber Foundation.

 Find the call here:
http://www.epc.eu/jobs_details.php?job_id=5<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=b934a71011&e=b0a1ea0102>

   Participate: Picture the future of learning"! EUCIS-LLL photo contest
 The European Civil Society Platform on Lifelong Learning (EUCIS-LLL), in
partnership with the UEF/Learning for Well-Being andInterRail, is launching
an image contest entitled "Picture the Future of Learning - Unlocking each
and everyone's unique potential"   Share your creativity with us and get a
chance to win an InterRail Global Pass! The 10 best pictures will be
exhibited at the European Parliament during the Lifelong Learning Week, 2-6
December 2013.   You can submit your picture until 10 November in the
following categories:

 # Learning environments: learning takes place everyday, everywhere. Where
and with whom would you like to learn?
 # Learning diversity: the motto of Europe is “united in diversity”. How
could we include different learners and take into account different ways of
learning?
 # Learning Europe: the EU is contributing to our future. How could we
live, learn and shape Europe?

 You can also participate in the competition by voting for the best picture
online!    Participate also on
Facebook<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=b77c05fd1e&e=b0a1ea0102>and
share this application with your family, colleagues and friends!

           <http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=baa5b6688e&e=b0a1ea0102><http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=658685abfc&e=b0a1ea0102><http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=a69018f095&e=b0a1ea0102>
 Upcoming
Events
YVote Training for Multipliers
Aachen<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=572435fdf0&e=b0a1ea0102>
*23- 30 November*
Aachen

The “Y Vote 2014” project invites you to attend a Training for Multipliers,
which objective is to train and empower YOU to take action in your local
community and to make a change to increase the participation of young
people in the European Parliamentary Elections! The European Union has a
tremendous impact in our reality nowadays.
  musicaLeipzig<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=d1dc2a6ecd&e=b0a1ea0102>
*21.11.2013 - 24.11.2013*
 *LEIPZIG*

 European Event organized by AEGEE Leipzig, introducing Leipzig, the city
of world famous Johann Sebastian Bach, Richard Wagner, Felix
Mendelssohn-Bartholdy and the well known "Thomaner"-Choir as a magical
place of music!
   NWM Santander - (B)RainStorm in the Cantabrian
Sea<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=6e6c2aecfe&e=b0a1ea0102>
*22.11.2013 - 24.11.2013*
 *SANTANDER*

 A NWM is a meeting organised by a NetCom, attended by all the antennae
that belong to the same Network. In these events, the state of the region
is analyzed, ways of working are shared, workshops about thematics
important for AEGEE-Europe are held, etc.
   Summer University Project School Izmir
2013<http://aegee.us7.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=d74ec8b8a0&e=b0a1ea0102>
*24.11.2013 - 01.12.2013*
 *IZMIR, TURKEY*

 Summer is coming! Be one of the 25 motivated participants that will travel
to the city of Izmir, the pearl of the Aegean! Learn how to organise a
Summer University from zero! All the required steps for a successful event!
Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your knowledge and skills!
   NWM Poznań - Share your secret. AEGEE
know-how<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=70a6302b4f&e=b0a1ea0102>
*28.11.2013 - 01.12.2013*
 *POZNAŃ*

 We invite you to the beatiful city of Poznań to the most amazing Network
Meeting ever – the first Interregional Network Meeting! From the 29th
November till the 1st December Poznań will be hosting 200 amazing AEGEEans!
   NWM Eskişehir- Dive Into
AEGEE!<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=047806161e&e=b0a1ea0102>
*28.11.2013 - 01.12.2013*
 *ESKIŞEHIR*

 Eskişehir, the most beautiful student city of Turkey is shining for you to
spread your ideas, implement partnerships, networking and meet your lovely
AEGEEans!
   NWM Wien: ADVENTure in
Vienna<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=b3629d2aad&e=b0a1ea0102>
*29.11.2013 - 01.12.2013*
 *VIENNA*

 Discover Vienna's irresistible charm during the magical season of
Christmas markets, participate in stimulating discussions about hot topics
in AEGEE, and come back to your local with many great memories and new
ideas.
   NWM Rostov-na-Donu - Find Your
inSPIRITation<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=e7fa01876c&e=b0a1ea0102>
*29.11.2013 - 01.12.2013*
 *ROSTOV-NA-DONU*

 Have you ever seen a true Slavic soul? Have your ever visited the source
of Russian culture? We are waiting for you in Rostov – na –Donu to unplug
the traditional Slavik SPIRIT and to splash into the world of Russ heritage.
   NWM Utrecht - Key to your AEGEE
future!<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=e2dc9122cc&e=b0a1ea0102>
*13.12.2013 - 16.12.2013*
 *UTRECHT*

 During this Network Meeting we will discuss everything that is relevant
for the future of AEGEE and your local. We will touch upon all kinds of
topics that are relevant within this subject, for example AEGEE Identity,
HR, our new Strategic Plan, Projects & Working Groups and so much more!
   NYE Noviy god po-russki (Russian new
year)<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=61790ea169&e=b0a1ea0102>
*28.12.2013 - 04.01.2014*
 *MOSCOW*

 Do you wanna celebrate NY in amazing place with fun friendly people? Would
you like to know what is "Noviy god po-russki" ?Would you like to taste
delicious russian dishes?Would you like to know more about russian
culrute?Come to Moscow and celebrate with us on the Red square!
   AEGEE-Gdańsk New Year's Eve - 007 REPORTING FOR
DUTY<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=79be954246&e=b0a1ea0102>
*30.12.2013 - 01.01.2014*
 *POLAND, GDAŃSK*

 TOP SECRET

 OPERATION: New Year's Eve

 SUBJECT: 007 Reporting For Duty
   External Events
Effective measure for inclusion of Youth and their preparation for the
labour market trough engagement in
CSO's<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=d2a2d019e9&e=b0a1ea0102>
*5-12 November 2013*
*Bar, Montenegro*

 Main aim of training is to provide knowledge, skills and methods to active
volunteers, peers and excluded youth how to successfully enter into labour
market presenting to them the possibilities of employment through different
ways of engagement.
   LinkMeIn - Youth Policy &
Practice<http://aegee.us7.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=01352fa558&e=b0a1ea0102>
*10-13 December 2013*
*Budapest, Hungary*

The seminar offers a platform for reflection, connection & transfer between
EU youth policy developments, research and practice. The focus will be on
three fields of action of the EU Youth Strategy: EMPLOYMENT, SOCIAL
INCLUSION and PARTICIPATION.
  YOUTH TAKES THE FLOOR - A Training Course on How to Increase Youth
Participation in Decision
Making<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=1d7025048a&e=b0a1ea0102>
*29 November - 6 December 2013*
*Faro | Algarve, Portugal*

This training course aims to allow youth leaders, youth workers and local
authorities officers to work together developing their competences to
create spaces where youth can work with municipalities in the development
of their communities.
  Take Initiative in supporting
learning<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=8ca861c705&e=b0a1ea0102>
*18-24 November 2013*
*Oasecentrum Dilbeek, Belgium - FL*

This training course focuses on how to support self-directed learning in a
non-formal (YiA) learning context. Participants will have the opportunity
to experience self-directed learning themself & learn how to support a
self-directed learning process.
  European Training on Transnational Youth
Participation<http://aegee.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=7a170c64e0d3990f3f6629d21&id=a9d058bbc0&e=b0a1ea0102>
*25 November - 1 December 2013*
*Trebnitz / Mark , Germany*

30 youth trainers, students or trainees from all over Europe will exchange
methods and experience in cross-border youth projects. We want to focus on
European aspects like the European elections in May 2014, the European
Citizens Initiative (ECI).
            *In case you would not like  to continue receiving the
newsletter, you may
leave the list at any time  by sending a "SIGNOFF AEGEENEWS-L" command in
body to
[log in to unmask]<[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&[log in to unmask]>
 or click on this
link<[log in to unmask]&su=SIGNOFF&body=SIGNOFF%20AEGEENEWS-L" target="_blank">https://mail.google.com/mail/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&[log in to unmask]&su=SIGNOFF&body=SIGNOFF%20AEGEENEWS-L>
 .

Copyright © 2013 AEGEE-Europe / European Students' Forum, All rights
reserved.*
*Rue du Noyer 55, 1000 Brussels, Belgium**
*
*
*