AEGEENEWS-L Archives

March 2018

AEGEENEWS-L@LISTS.AEGEE.ORG

From:
AEGEE-Europe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AEGEE-Europe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2018 19:08:00 +0400
Dear AEGEEans! Here is the bi-weekly newsletter of AEGEE-Europe, full of
news, opportunities and AEGEE Spirit!
<http://www.zeus.aegee.org/portal/extended-open-call-for-hosting-local-of-epm-2019/>

*#WHAT *Open Call for Key to Europe 2017-2018 Core team
*#WHEN* March - July 2018
*#WHO* you!
*#DEADLINE* 14th March, 23:59 CET

We are happy to announce the Open Call for Key to Europe 2017-2018 Core
Team members.
Key to Europe <http://aegee.org/press/publications/key-to-europe/> is
AEGEE’s annual publication, presenting our work and achievements, providing
an overview of our activities throughout the respective year and an insight
into the possibilities for the upcoming year. It is one of our main tools
for external representation, but also a nice way of updating the Network
and keeping our partners informed about our current initiatives.

This year we want to change the timeline a bit and to freshen up the
format! The idea is to publish the document in July and to make it
more *modern,
bright and up-to-date*

You can check task descriptions and requirements here <http://goo.gl/85ZmD4>

You can apply here <http://goo.gl/yBziCq>

If you have any questions, you can address them to Ksenia, via
<http://www.zeus.aegee.org/portal/extended-open-call-for-hosting-local-of-epm-2019/>

We would like to remind you that AEGEE-Europe is still looking for a local
ready and willing *to organise the European Planning Meeting 2019!* You can
find the full description of the open call here
<http://www.zeus.aegee.org/portal/extended-open-call-for-hosting-local-of-epm-2019/>

You can apply through this form
<https://podio.com/webforms/6700026/521091> until
1st of March 23:59 CET

Don't hesitate to contact us on [log in to unmask] in case you have any
more questions!
*OPEN CALLS*
Looking for new challenges? Are you passionate about thematic events and
activities? Do you love AEGEE's focus areas? Are you keen on making a new
experience in an international team of motivated AEGEEans? *Then you are
the right person for the Working Groups 2018/2019!*

The candidatures for the position of coordinator are already open, while
the members will be selected shortly after Agora. But maybe you need some
more information before making this big step? Then this is the chance for
you, because the Working Groups are offering the possibility to jobshadow
their work! If you are interested, contact them via email.

[log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask] | [log in to unmask]

<http://bit.ly/2HkA0u3>

*#WHAT: *Financial Assistant
*#WHEN:* March 2018 – June 2018
*#HOW: *Apply here <http://bit.ly/2HkA0u3>
*#DDL: *14th of February 23:59 CET

Dear AEGEEans,
We're happy to announce an open call for Financial Assistant. Find more
info on the Members' Portal. <http://bit.ly/2o90qWX>
Financially yours
<https://podio.com/webforms/17753667/1193265>

Mini Human Resources European School
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1847150598629946/> (mini-HRES) is a
4-day-long intensive international training course that aims to empower
members of youth-led NGOs, involved in the field of Human Resources, to
develop, implement and manage HR strategies in their organizations

At mini-HRES, an international team of experienced trainers will assist 20
motivated participants in gaining knowledge and skills in HR, which they
can apply and multiply in their NGOs

When: 24-27th of May
Where: Moscow, Russia
 Fee: 55 euro
Number of participants: 20
Accommodation in hostel | Breakfast, lunch and dinner | Transportation
during the event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/284089352123667/>
Let’s get one thing straight, AEGEE is not (completely). We present to you
the Equal Rights Conference in Leiden: TRUE COLOURS! From the 24th of May
up to and including the 27th of May, Leiden will be filled with rainbows.

*Are you interested in sexual orientation and gender identity issues or
gender equality? *Would you like to attend a great thematic event? Do you
want to learn more about the intersectional issues of sexual
orientation/gender/equality? Then this conference is your cup of (LGB)Tea.

If you want to be one of the 50 lucky participants of this unforgettable
event, *apply before the 31.03.2018!* Find all the information in the Facebook
event <https://www.facebook.com/events/284089352123667/>.
[image: Input caption text here. Use the block's Settings tab to change the
caption position and set other styles.]
<https://www.facebook.com/events/975718842578669/>

*#DATES: *17 – 20 May 2018
*#LOCATION:* Sofia, Bulgaria
*#APPLICATION_PERIO*D: 1 March – 22 March 2018
*#PARTICIPANTS:* 50
*#FEE:* 50€
The Network Commission <https://www.facebook.com/Network.Commission.AEGEE/> has
the pleasure to invite you to Network Meetings that will be held in a new
Project Hub format, in cooperation with 6 brave hosting locals!

AEGEE-Sofia <https://www.facebook.com/AEGEESofia/?ref=br_rs> will host you
in the heart of the Balkans where they have complicated, yet interesting
relationships with their neighbors but united they stay strong and they do
make their neighbors a strong priority for their Presidency!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1my0335Daanh9anmNsjZz-1w9hVlmI07yL3dxBQ14-1obyA/viewform>

Take the time before Agora Krakow to get to know yourself better and create
more self-awareness. We are going to discover what sections of your life
deserve your attention. Together we will plan this journey and take the
first step in your new direction.

*Apply
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1my0335Daanh9anmNsjZz-1w9hVlmI07yL3dxBQ14-1obyA/viewform>
till
10th of March, 12:00 CET*
<https://www.facebook.com/events/144965426301964>

*Spring NWM Groningen 2018 - Deadline Extended!* Don't miss the chance to
participate in NWM Groningen
<https://www.intranet.aegee.org/event/view/30/18887>, which will not only
take place in the buzzing city of Groningen, but also on the beautiful
island Ameland. Get to know fellow AEGEEans, come up with great ideas
together, and have lots of fun! Apply until the 25th of February!
*EXTERNAL OPPORTUNITIES *
[image: Input caption text here. Use the block's Settings tab to change the
caption position and set other styles.] <http://www.yofest.eu/>

Our External Relations Director, María Ballesteros was in Strasbourg to
prepare the *10th edition of YOFest <http://www.yofest.eu/>!*

AEGEE-Europe will join forces with other youth organizations for the
biggest youth festival in Europe, which combines debates, workshops, talks,
exhibitions and performances to celebrate what it means to be a young
European.
*AEGEE-EUROPE NEWS*
<https://www.facebook.com/events/190516061546688/>

Join the celebrations of our shared culture and identity all-around
*#YOUrope*, because citizenship is *#MoreThanAPassport*! Find out how to
organize a European Year of Cultural Heritage event with your antenna and
pick an activity from the brand-new 'Culture Knows No Borders
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JzkwG2ZY39Yz4FqMqZSAzRfc68FjmTZb/view>'
booklet.
Follow the Action Month's facebook event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/190516061546688/> for more
possibilities. *Discuss,
reflect, exchange, get engaged and become an acitve young European in
March! *
Contact us for any help: [log in to unmask]
We really would like to thank *Jorge Sánchez Hernández, **Partnerships
Officer of AEGEE-Europe (October-February)* for his hard work and
dedication during his term! His extra effort greatly increased number of
AEGEE-Europe partners and sponsors and established good connections. Now we
also have a page <https://www.oms.aegee.org/static/discounts/>, where you
can find*all discounts/opportunities for AEGEE-Members!   *
<https://www.facebook.com/events/606630179668287/>

*Mini Fundraising European School*(MiniFRES) was hosted by *AEGEE-Academy*
and *Comité Directeur* in the AEGEE House on from 1st to 4th of March.
Participants learned how to fund their ideas and improved your fundraising
skills! Now you know the faces of future best Fundraisers of AEGEE ;)
<http://www.zeus.aegee.org/portal/projects/dive/>

AEGEE-Europe <http://aegee.org/> partnered with ESN <https://esn.org/> and
JEF-Europe <https://www.jef.eu/home/> for the *DIVE project*
<http://www.zeus.aegee.org/portal/projects/dive/> to make our events,
activities and membership more *diverse* and *inclusive*! How can we
involve more youth from rural areas? What about excluded minorities? Are we
accommodating people with disabilities?

Follow the project and get involved! [log in to unmask]
More info here <http://www.zeus.aegee.org/portal/projects/dive/>

We also would like to welcome Réka Salamon as DIVE Project officer of
AEGEE-Europe!
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKsmnADSK9wpwah235hDMqLGXjRMerkN35C1pnSVbDWqgT2Q/viewform>

*What's does "Europe" mean to you?* How would you like it to be? *Have your
say!*

These are just a few questions which could sum up the idea of democratic
participation and political anticipation. These are indeed some of topics
which are at the core of Franck Biancheri's thinking of Europe and
"Euro-citizens". AEGEE-Bergamo <https://www.facebook.com/aegee.bergamo/>,
in cooperation with the Association des Amis de Franck Biancheri
<https://www.facebook.com/associationdesamisdefranckbiancheri/>, the* European
Citizenship WG <https://www.facebook.com/ecwg.aegee/>* and Faces of Europe
<https://www.facebook.com/facesofeurope/>, is collecting interviews of
people just like you and us to raise the voice of how people imagine the
society they want to live in.

You can easily tell your ideas and story through a super easy, open survey.
Check the link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKsmnADSK9wpwah235hDMqLGXjRMerkN35C1pnSVbDWqgT2Q/viewform>
!
<http://site.aegee.org/aegee-supports-the-istanbul-convention/>

*AEGEE / European Students' Forum*regrets the recent decision of Bulgaria
and Slovakia not to ratify the Istanbul Convention and supports it as a
step to end violence against women and girls!

*Read our statement* here
<http://site.aegee.org/aegee-supports-the-istanbul-convention/>
[image: Input caption text here. Use the block's Settings tab to change the
caption position and set other styles.]
<http://aegee.blogactiv.eu/2018/03/01/zero-discrimination-day/>

AEGEE-Europe <http://aegee.org/> supports Zero Discrimination Day! As an
organization we believe, that a strong society is built upon the
foundations of respect, tolerance and solidarity.

Read our statement here
<http://aegee.blogactiv.eu/2018/03/01/zero-discrimination-day/>
*AGORA*
<https://www.zeus.aegee.org/statutory/ag1804/>
Submit your ideas for proposals
<https://www.zeus.aegee.org/statutoryvote/jc/> for Spring Agora Kraków
until the 10th of March!
<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=TdFMXj4VbkayiGdWlQlUgUhukSb-5clAp6NmzTXBwu1UN0c2R01WVEpRTVUxTjU0RUs4QUVVR1dJRiQlQCN0PWcu>
Submit your Workshops or Progress Meetings via this form
<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=TdFMXj4VbkayiGdWlQlUgUhukSb-5clAp6NmzTXBwu1UN0c2R01WVEpRTVUxTjU0RUs4QUVVR1dJRiQlQCN0PWcu>
for
Spring Agora Kraków!
<http://www.zeus.aegee.org/statutory/ag1804/candidate.php>
Apply <http://www.zeus.aegee.org/statutory/ag1804/candidate.php> for one of
the positions that will be elected during Spring Agora Kraków!
PARTNERSHIPS <http:>
<https://www.eduopinions.com/rep/aegee/>
Give your opinion about your University <https://www.aegee.org/eduopinions> (it
doesn't matter if you already graduated or still study there) in just 3
minutes and help AEGEE-Europe raise some money! Make sure you mention how
AEGEE local influenced your student life.
If you studied in more than one university, you can rate all of them by
using the incognito mode of your browser or using different devices (phone,
laptop etc).
Feel free to share the link <https://www.aegee.org/eduopinions> with your
friends and invite them to rate their university as well!

With every review, you support AEGEE-Europe.
<http://www.aegee.org/N26>
We've partnered up with N26 <http://www.n26.com/> because it can be highly
beneficial for many AEGEEans.

In 2018 we are having EPM in Yerevan, and Agorae in Krakow and Istanbul,
and most people will need to exchange money. Well, with N26, you don't have
any fees for paying in a different currency, and it's exchanged at the best
rate, you don't have any fees for signing up or for transferring money.
Basically the bank with #nobullshit
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/nobullshit?source=feed_text>

We are launching together a special limiited promotion for AEGEEan. If you
make your new bank account, you will get 5€ for FREE!

*What to do:*
1.- Download the app from this link <http://bit.ly/N26AEGEE>
2.- During the setup of the account, introduce the 5€ code that you get
from: www.aegee.org/N26
3.- Once you set up your account, send at least 0,01€ to it, and you will
automatically get the 5€!

The number of codes for this limited promotion is *200*, so hurry up! Every
AEGEEan can get only 1, and it's valid only for NEW accounts.
<http://www.aegee.org/spotahome>

Book your future housing with Spotahome
<https://www.facebook.com/spotahome/?ref=gs&fref=gs&dti=388575794539444&hc_location=group>!
They
verify all the properties they publish on their website allowing you to
safely reserve your favorite room or studio. *As AEGEEan, you get a 25%
discount* on the booking fee here <http://www.aegee.org/spotahome>, by
using the code 'AEGEESAH25'
(un)Subscribe to the newsletter <https://lists.aegee.org/join/AEGEENEWS-L>
Submit content for the next Newsletter
<https://podio.com/webforms/18269843/1227949>
Give us feedback! <https://podio.com/webforms/17124270/1151165>
<https://www.youtube.com/user/AEGEEEuropeChannel>
<http://www.facebook.com/aegee>
<http://aegee.org/>

+32 2 246 0320

Rue du Noyer / Notelaarsstraat 55, 1000 Brussels, Belgium