AEGEENEWS-L Archives

September 2005

AEGEENEWS-L@LISTS.AEGEE.ORG

From:
Virag Szabo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Virag Szabo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2005 23:06:14 +0200
text/plain (6 kB) , text/html (22 kB) , header.jpg (77 kB) , guy.jpg (33 kB) , iranytu.jpg (20 kB) , news2.jpg (15 kB) , paints.jpg (21 kB) , goal.jpg (20 kB) , Academy.gif (20 kB) , patners.jpg (30 kB) , face.jpg (18 kB) , partners.jpg (18 kB) , contact.gif (4 kB)
.:AEGEE-Europe - Monthly Review - September:.

       Summary :.

     a.. AEGEE is the future of Europe for 20 years
        b.. EuroIslam final conference
        c.. Islam and Christianity
        d.. 20 years of AEGEE
        e.. Internal Education
        f.. AEGEE as a partner for EU projects
        g.. Partner of the month
        h.. Partners
        i.. Contact

     :: AEGEE is the future of Europe for 20 years ::

           Between 22nd – 25th September 2005, about 300 AEGEE members, representatives from all the relevant international Youth NGOs with politicians gathered in Praha to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the European Students Forum, review its work and achievements to date, and discuss its and the Youth participation's future expansion since its fairly forgotten after freedom and democracy became taken for granted in the majority of Europe.

     Read more

     :: EuroIslam final conference ::

           The International Conference will take place between 2nd - 8th October and it aims to promote values of mutual respect and understanding between different cultures and religions and to fight against intolerant and xenophobic attitudes focused on the European and the Islamic world.

            You will find here a place of intercultural learning among young people. The participants will have the opportunity to discuss the European values and to deepen the understanding of those universal values such as: tolerance, solidarity and cooperation which should become the fundament of a more united and larger Europe.

     More

     :: Islam and Christianity ::
           This event is open for people interested in the background of cultural aspects in religions, to discuss which roll they fillful in society.
            Other activities focus on exploring the Albanian model, where communities live in harmony, and to exchange experiences. Of course visits to Mosques and Churches are part of the program.

     Apply

     :: 20 years of AEGEE ::
           The AEGEE 20 project encompasses all official and unofficial celebrations of the 20th anniversary of AEGEE-Europe. Through media events, social activities, publications and a new website, the project will draw attention to the achievements of AEGEE-Europe over 20 years, the important and valuable role it has played in the process of European Integration, and the contributions it has made in the lives of its members.

     For more info please click here

     :: Internal Education ::

           The AEGEE-Academy is the Working Group of AEGEE-Europe that takes care of the Internal Education and Human Resources in AEGEE. By providing high quality training events, we want to ensure the organisation of high quality projects and events in AEGEE. On this website, we provide more information about our work. Calendar of events: Summer University Project School in Lublin, Public Relations European School II in Athina, European School I in Zaragoza

     More information

     :: AEGEE as a partner for EU projects ::

           AEGEE’s main strengths are our Network (with 17.000 students present in 260 academic cities among 42 European countries AEGEE can reach every corner of Europe) and our enthusiasm (our members are active students, willing to make a change in society. They are the best multiplicative factor in reaching youth all over Europe)

            AEGEE as a partner in your project can give you the ideal support by:

            - providing you with fresh and future-oriented ideas
            - organizing grass-root activities
            - raising awareness among future leaders

     Read more about AEGEE as a Partner for EU Projects

     :: café babel - Partner of the month ::

           Aiming to go beyond national politics and media, every week café babel offers its readers critical analysis of European current affairs on the internet in six different languages.

            The challenge: to create a multilingual European magazine on current affairs designed for readers across borders, analysing the political and intellectual evolution of the continent. A platform for Europe’s civil society, café babel is the place where the voices and cultures of the entire European continent are heard. It is the only media in Europe whose authors write in their mother tongue: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, and Catalan since the 17th of May 2004.

     www.cafebabel.com/en

     :: Partners ::

           JCI (Junior Chamber International)
            AEGEE-Europe is a member of Youth Forum Jeunesse and IFISO (Informal Forum of International Student Organisations) and European Movement
            EurActiv.com - our official media partner
            Eurodesk - www.eurodesk.org
            FATF - AEGEE Trust Fund Foundation - is an official AEGEE supporting partner - www.fatf.info
            World Bank

     To learn about other partners of AEGEE, go to: www.aegee.org/partners

     :: Contact ::

           If you have any questions concerning AEGEE activities or you wish to be unsubscribed from this list, please don't hesitate to contact:

            AEGEE-Europe - www.aegee.orgRue Nestor de Tière 15
            B-1030 Brussels
            Tel: +32-2-215 40 68
            Fax: +32-2-245 62 60
            Email: [log in to unmask]

            In order to receive an AEGEE-Europe information package containing our publications (Key to Europe and The Gazette), write to [log in to unmask]
            To learn more about AEGEE-Europe publications, go to the projects section by clicking HERE.

            To see the latest AEGEE Gazette click HERE.

     For more information about AEGEE click here