RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2002

From:
isabella2 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
isabella2 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 19:29:35 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: Natasa
To: Bram AEGEE-Utrecht Trouwborst ; Pinar AEGEE-Istanbul Aksoy ; Esranur Aegee-Istanbul Yalcin ; [log in to unmask] ; [log in to unmask] ; Davor Aegee-Skopje Pasoski ; Isabella Aegee-Genova Castarelli ; Sasa AEGEE-Ljubljana Sirca ; Alenka Aegee-Ljubljana Kordez ; Panagiotis Aegge-Athens Karras
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 12:44 AM
Subject: Fw: The Danube Pilgrimage SU

      Dear all,

      there are some (5) free places for the summer university organized by Aegee-Beograd.
      Please,re-send this mail to your Aegee-friends!
      Don't  be shy to apply (application form+motivation letter) for it asap if you wanna experience a reaaaaally unforgettable time,meet interesting and witty Aegeeants and have fun at the biggest Noise -Summer Music-Festival 'EXIT' in SE Europe!!!
      READ,APPLY & COME TO BEOGRAD!!!:-)
      Application deadline is June,1st,2002!
      c u soon,
      Natasa Dzamtoska(SU Responsible)

      AEGEE-Beograd
      proudly presents its SU 2002:
        The Danube Pilgrimage
      05.07 18.07
        Course code: SU02BEO1
      Course subject: archaeology,culture,music,river
      SE
      Working languages: English
      Levels: N
      Number of participants: 25
      Confirmation date for invited participants: 14.06.2002
      Accomodation: youth hostel, (sleeping bag)
      Meals: Brunch; Dinner

      Fee: 100 euro(extra fee for EXIT Festival in Novi Sad)

      Teaching programme:workshops and tribunes
      Course details:
      Four hours of the overall course per day comprise several types of interactive learning. For instance, there will be lectures given by professors on ecology and water quality in the Danube region indoors, but then we will go out and try to live beside that same river for two weeks, which would be a practical approach to the problem. See where I am getting at? Then, you will find out from the archaeologist who is a member of  Serbian Academy Arts and Science about what kind of pots neolithin people had, but right after that, you would be encouraged to feel the pleasure of making them yourself. Only exception is, when students from Academy of Applied arts will be instucting you on Costume on the Serbian Court, you won't be forced to try them on. Also, for all ,there will be organised nice and sophisticated discussions and workshops on media, youth, democracy, interculturality, etc. as a part of our stay in Novi Sad and on the EXIT festival.

        No leisure here, everything is work(imagine,how is that to work in the Balkans!), even when we would be on one of our pub-crawling sessions in Beograd and Novi Sad, one will have to WORK very hard to remain standing. And to keep you fit, we will let you organize your own sport activities (while the organizers will be taking a siesta:-).

        Do you feel like challenging conventions? For we will give voice to many "misunderestimated" cultures, arts, and fashion styles. Funny? We have 25 places for the people who want to attend the biggest SE European music festival called EXIT in Novi Sad (only this is not included in the fee). The strange connection is between the super modern European music tendencies rolling from huge stages all over the antique fort on the river. Just, spare your voices here since we want to use them later in Belgrade and Vinca, and on our excursions to Smederevo, Sremski Karlovci, and other archaeological, historical and cultural localities. You will learn about those by taking an active part in, for instance, art of making pottery, or playing basketball in water, or cooking traditional food by your self (only once, and that is much) or deciding upon mainstream fashion styles on courts some nine hundred years ago. Now, what do you say, are you the extra creative adventure-is-my-middle-name Aegee member who'll enjoy our hot-summer cool-university progamme? Come and experience The Danube Pilgrimage with us!
      Do not hesitate to come-just apply on time!:-)

     Street: Marka Kulica 9
      City: YU-26000 Pancevo
      Tel: +381 63 80 81 034
      E-mail: [log in to unmask] (SU Responsible)
                     [log in to unmask] (SU participants's Relations)
                     [log in to unmask] (SU Team Coordinator)