RAINBOW-L Archives

May 2002

From:
Luca Falcone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luca Falcone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2002 13:37:04 +0200
Dear friends, dear Fabrizio, dear Gunnar, dear Enrico,

hi all of you. Hi again after not so much time. I hope your travel was nice
and you came back not so tired.
I would like to comment your e-mail, Fabrizio, and also the reactions of
Gunnar and Enrico.
Fabrizio's e-mail was very strong and violent. Probably it's also my fault:
I sent a long e-mail yesterday, where I described the worst aspect of the
last Agora in my personal opinion. I wanted to focus the attention on the
fact that similar Agoras are not useful for AEGEE: they decrease motivation
and trust in the association.
I was very hard, and after me somebody else was harder then me. As Pietro
Pillai, as Fabrizio Fantini.
Demotivation has just victims, I said.
Davide Calenda, first of all, who wants to resign (but we'll avoid it!)
And Fabrizio Fantini too. He's working a lot, but really a lot, for AEGEE,
specially in the field of the IE. And of course now he is frustrated because
of the bad performance of this Agora, and he's complaining about the absence
of Italian people in the Establishment of AEGEE. That's something absolutely
true (except Davide Calenda and now we don't know for how much time!) and of
course it's something Italians don't like. But of course it's not for a
geographical problem. It's only because we saw lots of friends proposing
themselves to the Network and being rejected. And after a so frustrating
Agora great people as Fabrizio may also arrive to think about national
lobbies or something similar. But all of you know there is not any Italian
lobby, any Southern lobby, also because if there was a so strong lobby (you
know how many locals are there only in Italy?), it would be represented by
lots of people in the Establishment.
No, no lobbies! We don't like them. And Fabrizio doesn't like them too. It's
only the effect of the demotivation. I'm sure Fabrizio will start again with
his work exactely as before. Also because now Fabrizio, with his great work
and the new and just very active AEGEE-Termoli, was one of the most eminent
character of this Agora.
I hope we can discuss together about the last Agora; I hope we can find the
bad things and also the good ones. But we don't have to lose the common
objective: all of us want only to improve AEGEE, and nothing else.

Greetings.
Luca