RAINBOW-L Archives

December 2000

From:
Luca Falcone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luca Falcone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:28:37 +0100
Dear friends, dear Davide,...

... I think it's a good idea. MISCB-H is really horrible and its
pronunciation is impossible and however awful!
I read the options Davide thought, and all of them have a good sound.
Unfortunately some of them, like MEDITERRANIAN-SLAVIC REGION or LATIN-SLAVIC
REGION, are imprecise because there are a lot of Slavic people in other
regions, and the same for Mediterranian and Latin (Spain, France and also,
for Latin, Romania).
RAINBOW REGION is wonderful, I like it very much, but probably  the other
Regions could think it's a little pretentious: ok for the shape, but of
course that name is also a great  attribute for our lands. And no Region has
this kind of name: all the names are linked to geographical expressions.
Then probably the best of them is SOUTHERN REGION, but since Iberian Region
is called SOUTH-WEST REGION, and Greece and Turkey are parts of the
BALKANIAN REGION,  I think we can call ours SOUTH-EAST REGION.
However, I'd like to read other suggestions, and I remain thinking about the
name.
See you on this mailing list!

Luca Falcone
AEGEE Europe Human Rights WG PR Responsible
Visa Freedom Fighters WG
Vice-President AEGEE Napoli
E-mail address: [log in to unmask]