RAINBOW-L Archives

February 2001

From:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 22:15:48 +0100
Hi Rainbow people,

as I briefly presented at the RM in Maribor, Aegee-Udine is preparing a
Conference. Here is the complete program as we sent to EVENT-L.

-------------
Title of the conference: "Eastwards enlargement of EU: social,
economical and political aspects".
Date: 17.5.2001 - 20.5.2001

this conference belongs to the Quo vadis Europe project and wants to
focus its attention on Membership Criteria fixed in Copenhagen in 1993.

There will be 3 workshops:
1. the state of democracy of the 13 Countries that are
willing to partecipate to the process;
2. the level of introduction of the comunitary
legislation;
3. the functionality of economy.
The last day there will be a conference to present and discuss
the results of workshops.

We are looking for people interested in the subject of workshops and
willing to present their material. If we won't find enough material for
the workshops we are thinking to call one or more teachers for subject.
However we would like to involve people from different project in order
to have a wider prospective of the situation (so, Education for
democracy, Bordless Europe, a VISA for Aegee..)
At the final conference there will be anyway the presence of political
men and maybe teachers. It will follow a debate.

DATE:17th till 20th May
PARTICIPANTS: 40
FEE: 10 Euro-Eastern and Central European
15 Euro-European Union

All meals included, sleeping bags needed, lodging place
will be a dormitory with showers.
[INSIDE-building-showers :) ]

Program
======

17 thursday

morning arrival of partecipants
14.30 - 18.00 workshops
19.00 - 20.00 dinner
night: welcome party

18 Friday

8.30 9.00 Breakfast
9.30 12.00 workshops
13.00 14.00 Lunch
14.30 18.00 Workshops
19.00 20.00 Dinner
night pub crawling competition: tajut rally

19 Saturday

8.30 9.00 Breakfast
9.30 12.30 Final Conference
13.00 Lunch
Afternoon: city tour
european night

20 Sunday

Departure of partecipants

Appplication form:
Name
Surname
Antenna
Sex [male , female, null]
Day of birth
Vegetarian [yes/no/maybe]
Address
Street
Zip
City
country
phone number
Email

Visum required:

passport number
Nationality
Place of birth

Send application form to:

Motivation letter: In order to understand the quality we can reach
without calling teachers we would like to receive few words from
you regarding your interest in the event. More specifically we would
like to konw if you want to present some work at the workshops and at
the final conference and in case an abstract of this work.

Deadline: Tuesday 17th of April

That's it for now.

Europeanly yours,

                 Marco