RAINBOW-L Archives

January 2002

From:
Mariano Bartolini <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mariano Bartolini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jan 2002 02:20:52 +0100
 There are still few places available for The Future Film Festival in Bologna, from the 16th to the 20th  of Genuary!

 Don't miss the chance, join us!  Below there are all the information you need!

                                                                 Mariano Bartolini
                                                            Vice President Aegee Bologna

      Starting date:
      Ending date: 16.01.2002
      20.01.2002
      Country (code): I
      Location/ City: Bologna
      Certainty: definite
      Range of the event: international

      Type of event:
      conference

      Participation fee: 60 euro Western Europe, 30 euro for Eastern Europe

Direct URL for this event - copy or bookmark it.
WWW application URL for this event - copy or bookmark it.

Description of the event/ remarks:
D'you want to know about the future of film? You always dream about JRR Tolkien's world?
Come to the FUTURE FILM FESTIVAL !

Hello AEGEEers,
after a long eclypse AEGEE Bologna comes back in action (with a completely RENEWED BOARD not linked IN ANY WAY with the old one which shamefully skrewed up the SU 2001) and purposes you a 4 days participation to the 4th edition of the Future Film Festival, a big film festival about Sci-fi and special effects films the will take place in Bologna from the 16th to the 20th of January 2002.
You'll find original language films (all with subtitles in Italian), amazing film premieres, meetings with film-makers, backstage and making-ofs of great sci-fi films and...much more! But also if you like animation movies and especially japanese animation, we are "your cup of tea". Check what FFF2002 offers.
- great national premieres: "The Lord of the Rings" (!!!!!!! ever heard before? ;))
"Tomb Raider, the movie" (guys, turn off playstation and come to see la jolie Angelina Jolie)
"Harry Potter, the movie" (probably the next blockbuster in every country)
"Dungeons&Dragons" (enter the world of faerie)
- specials: Steven Spielberg's "A.I" (making of and projection of the film)
"Aliens and robots and japanese anime movies" (including "Cyborg009", "Urusei yatsura", "Hurricane Polymar", "Ghost in the shell")
- retrospective: Tezuka Osamu (the art of the "god of manga", the creator of a genre and of world wide famous comics and anime such as "Tetsu-wan Atomu", "Jungle Taitei", "Black Jack", "Princess Sapphire")
- anime premieres: "Pokemon 3" (pikaaa!!!)
New episodes from "The Simpson" anime serie
- various films and animes including : "From hell"
"Spiderman, the movie"
and much more...

Moreover,you won't miss the chance to see Bologna! You will enjoy a guided tour of the city and (obviously)the AEGEE Bologna social program, with - among the other things - Welcome Cocktail, Pizza Evening, Farewell Party!

@How to participate

ALL APOLOGIES
AEGEE Bologna wants to beg your pardon for letting you know pretty lately about this initiative. As you probably already know, a new local board was elected only few days ago and we had to face (we are still facing) great problems of organisation. Anyway we felt that the deep spirit of AEGEE is not just to "survive" as a local, but to do something for the other people from AEGEE, organising a local event.
The Future Film Festival staff has accepted to let AEGEE members participate to their important festival, but, due to the very high number of participation requests (20000 in 2001 edition), they have posed very strict condictions.
First we have to communicate them how many people are interested in coming to the Festival. The DEADLINE is DECEMBER 18th! Then we have to pay the entrance cards (Future Film Festival card) before your come the festival. The DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 21st!
Even if the time to applicate is so short, we have decided to try anyway. We hope you'll agree with us.
In selecting the attendance to the events, higher priority will be given to to students of cinema academies (or similar).
What you have to do is to send an email to our local, explaining your motivation. You'll receive more info and the notification of your participation.

@Economical aspects
We know that the price for our event is quite high. But we want to let you know (to do fair trades!) the price we got from FFF staff for a single FFFcard is 45 euro. Normal price is 60 euro.The extra fee paid by people from W Europe will be used to cover the difference of price between price paid by people from East and the price of the FFFcard.
You will be asked to pay ONLY the price of the card (45 Euro) BEFORE YOUR ARRIVAL. This is because the FFF staff asked us to pay for each card in advance. You can pay the rest of the fee at your arrival in Bologna.

@Accomodation
You will be hosted at local members' places. We find this is the cheapest and nicest solution and it will let you fully enjoy the typical students' lifestyle in the oldest University city of the World...!

And here are the data that applicants require: c/o or PO Box: Andrea Ticca
      Street: via Remorsella 4
      ZIP code: 40134
      City: Bologna
      Country code: I