RAINBOW-L Archives

August 2005

From:
Anna Karger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anna Karger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Aug 2005 18:07:56 +0200

Dear Rainbow-people,

I hope you enjoied your holidays and are full of motivation to begin a new and successful Aegee-semester :)

Here comes some important news for you, directly from your Rainbow Team.

@ Next Regional Meeting

As already announced, the applications for our next RM are open (deadline: 20.09). Come to Brescia from 7th to 9th of October to "Build our Rainbow-dream together"!! For only 30 euros you will have

-lodging (sleeping bag needed)

-all meals from dinner on friday until lunch on sunday

-lectures and discussions

-european night and other nice social programme

So apply and meet your neighbours!

Link: http://www.aegee-brescia.it/eventi/rm2005/intro.html , http://www.karl.aegee.org/calendar.nsf/EventuallyEdi/5925C04D2250D9CFC125704100545AB7?OpenDocument

@ www.universities.aegee.org

As you probably know there is an important new website:

This is an online community of European universities which serves as promotion for them. Being created exclusively for the AEGEE network it means.... that it is perfect for gaining UNIVERSITY SUPPORT!!!!! The time when we had to beg them to support us is over!!! It's their time to fight for us now!

The scheme is very simple - you go to your dean/rector/whoever and tell them about the site. Obviously they are very eager to appear their along with other famous European Universities. And then - you bargain!!! Some universities might offer you money, or an office or or or.. It's up to you to use this tool. And: if the rector doesn't give you an appointment, a fax from the CD house could help. Our Network director Leon already sent some and got an immediate reply.

I you need some help, contact us!

@ Agora

Also the applications for the next Agora, the most important statutory meeting with 1000 participants, is open: visit http://www.agora-izmir.org  for info.

@ Internal Education Event

I'd like to drive your attention to a very important upcoming Academy-event:

European School 1 in Zaragoza (19.11-27.11) is the right event if you want to become more active in AEGEE, if you are in or want to join the local board, if you want to develop your skills in short time. The best opportunity to get started in AEGEE for motivated people.

So, if you have some fresh members just turned back from some SU where they got very motivated for AEGEE, inform them about this possibility.

More info on www.aegee.org/academy

@ New Rainbow T-shirt wanted!

You are creative and want to contribute to the design of the next edition of the Rainbow T-shirts? Send your design to [log in to unmask]

We are waiting for your ideas!

Many greetings from your Rainbow Team

Anna ,Benedetta, Davor, Dino, Giselle, Jelena, Marino, Mauro and Silvia

Anna Karger
Rainbow Network Commissioner
Vice-president & External Relations
AEGEE-Firenze & AEGEE-Siena