RAINBOW-L Archives

November 2006

From:
Dino Margiotta <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dino Margiotta <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 00:14:12 +0100

Dear Victoria, dear AEGEEeans,

It's always a great pleasure to give you some useful info about the new Network changes,  and I really thank Vicky ( don't worry, I'm not angry with you because I know that you were working with the Great staff of the AGORA) for this e.mail because I believe that is really important to inform you, as I just did in other previous e.mails, about what's happening in the whole Network ! I hope to be clear and especially concise ;-) Don't forget NEVER that I'm always at your disposal for everything.

Before I should clarify one important point - The Netcom (Network Commission) is given the task by the CIA (Statutes of AEGEE-Europe), through its Working Format, to make such kind of changes at a minimum period of every 6 months. "Regions" were the task division inside Netcom, in order to make work of the Netcommies easier and everyone is taking care of a particular group of AEGEE-locals, usually situated close to each other and from different countries. Of course, the Network Commission is to help locals and to facilitate good communication between antennas and european AEGEE-bodies and because we've realised that some of us had more locals to coordinate than others ( we are the biggest group of locals), this make the task divison not fair and obsolete after 10 years, also because the Network has changed a lot and some areas have developed strongly, others become crisis areas. With the new task division, we are facing the current problems of the Network and we are trying to optimise our work towards the crisis areas of our Network.

About the changes (that has taken effect at the AGORA Napoli). During the last Netcom Meeting (Bruxelles August 2006), and after 2 workshops of the Network Commission in EBM Sofia and Agora Warszawa (and many informal discussions during past Regional Meetings), after Vaggelis - former Network Director- [the new one is Pedro Vieira]  suggestion, the Network Commission developed the concept of restructuring its task division. The Internal Task Division of the Network Commission has changed, and the Netcom has decided upon a communication campaign for all the changes.

For that communication campaign:
-e-mails through AEGEE-L,
-Agora workshop (Napoli)
-specific netcom trips to locals ''affected'' by the changes
-discussions during the  Network (ex-regional) Meetings

"For that reason, instead of using the full right of the Netcom to make the changes immediately - such changes don't need any Agora decision - we preferred to wait till the Agora, where the proposed changes (has taken) effect. The reason was to communicate and explain it to the locals and to be transparent" (Vaggelis)

First of all, the Regional Meeting was involved in Network Meeting. It is an event organized by every member of Network Commission with co-operation of one of the locals in his/her group of locals. It contains workshops, lectures and trainings in different topics connected with AEGEE. Every AEGEE-member can join whichever of the 10 Network Meetings organised every six months all over Europe. Of course if you want to meet your netcommie the best is to travel to NM organised by him/her , but it is not an obligation. Anyway our task is to travel a lot and to visit Everyone of you.... :-))  Then, after this thing, we've changed the internal division of the locals per Netcom Team (look at the attachment) according to the current needs of the network and last but not least the majority of the Netcom have decided to avoid the use of the Regional names and instead of it we've decided to give to all the group of locals, as point of reference, different TEAMs, as the TEAM Dino [the name will change with the next Netcommie]  etc...  The European cultural integration should not and can not understand state of mind of belonging to a part, it has to understand belonging to the whole. And in this case it is the Network. Anyway I  hope that this new system will be useful and good. I'll continue to give my best for all the Network serving & supporting all the locals....

The next NETCOM MEETING will take place again in Bruxelles between 7th-10th DECEMBER

For every other info or questions, you can get in touch also with the Netcom Office and visit our website that we're updating....

NetCom Office: [log in to unmask]

Online Contact form: http://www.commissions.aegee.org/netcom/contact.php.

or you can get in touch with me in MSN [[log in to unmask]]....

AEGEEFULLY YOURS,

Dino

ps: I want to forwad you this interesting event that will take place in UK ( Cambridge!!!)