RAINBOW-L Archives

September 1999

From:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angela Comand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 13:28:28 CEST
Here comes the CD report from our headoffice in Bruxelles ...
have fun!!!
--------------------------------------
INTERIM REPORT of the Comité Directeur

Dear friends,

After the great Agora in Barcelona, almost three months have passed, and on
behalf of all of us, I can tell you that each of us got accustomed to our
different duties, to living and working in the same house here in Brussels,
in the heart of Europe.
In order to communicate, inform all of you as often as possible, and assure
transparency in the CD`s work, hereby we would like to give you a short
overview of our activities in the last period, so together with the CD
Newsletters you could have a better impression about our work.

As President my main task in the past months was to represent AEGEE towards
the outside world and take all necessary steps to adapt the new Comite
Directeur to the new environment and duties.
Preparing presentations, proposals to companies, attending the Annual
Meeting of the Les Anciens of AEGEE-Europe, strengthening links with other
student NGO`s, starting to revise and renew the Socrates/Mobility project
for the year 2000, working on an effective FR strategy were main concerns.
On the other hand together with Oana I was preparing our internal meetings,
and trying to assist on the  other various tasks.

Oana our Secretary General has been responsible for the smooth operation of
our head office. Controlling the Calendar of events, starting the
preparations for the current Presidents meeting and the next Agora, ensuring
the information flow within the Comite Directeur, communicating with the
network, together with me preparing our internal meetings, together with
Marcus editing and layouting our CD-Newsletters, were her main tasks in the
last period.

Aliki our dearest Treasurer started with great difficulties. There was no
financial report for the previous year, which meant that both General
Subventions for 98, 99 from the European Commission (closely 40 000 euros)
were endangered. Besides that there was no overview available at all about
the financial situation of our Association (unjustified money transfers,
unknown debts, missing bank statements, etc..).
She worked a lot with great enthusiasm to clarify things, make things in
order; the financial report was completed, handed in, first steps were taken
to purchase a book-keeping program, locals not paying their membership fees
have been approached.

Marcus, as our Public Relations Responsible, has been working a lot to
improve getting attention to what our association does and is - externally
and internally. His main aim is to implement a complete, diverse Public
Relations campaign, setting up contacts to newspapers, news agencies, but
also to other forms of media, such as the radio, in Belgium and in other
European countries. A large part of his task has also been the preparation
for the upcoming publications (Newsbulletin, Key to Europe, 15th.
Anniversary booklet, liftoff in Poland). Motivating, involving more and more
people in the network by making them contribute writing articles or sending
pictures for our publications has been a focus point. But since a good PR
for AEGEE is not only done on the European level, Marcus has also given
attention to the internal education of PR. In co-operation with the PRWG a
PR European School was organised in Groningen, which will be followed by
another one in Karlsruhe, end of October. Another field of his activity has
been the revival of regular contacts with our patrons and looking for new
faces and names with which AEGEE can be associated in the future. He is also
involved in setting up closer relations with UNESCO, and as the contact
person towards the Working Groups has been working on improving their
activities inside the network.

Fani took over the responsibility of one of the most difficult, significant,
unpopular tasks within the CD: External relations and Fundraising. Apart
from her main task, she is also member of the Juridical Commission and
responsible for the communication with other student associations. Arranging
ads for our publications and thereby assuring their existence, providing
tools for FR education (a FR guide will be available in the PM), more
importantly implementing a new FR strategy for AEGEE-Europe, and involving
the network actively in fundraising activities through the creation of a
fundraising co-ordination team within AEGEE, are her major concerns.

Linda is our EU-girl! She takes care of all applications towards the
European Commission, Council of Europe and other European Institutions. She
is also in charge of our Liaison officers (AEGEE members in constant contact
with relevant foundations, Institutions). She makes sure that the
information about youth activities, programmes from the EU and the Liaison
officers side reaches the network. Lately she was extremely busy with the
preparation and handing in the General Subvention, which should have been
handed in March already, but the previous CD just did not do it! She spent
her time on it, and did a magnificent job!

Bernhard`s main issue is Internal Education, but apart from that, though he
is not permanently in Brussels, he takes over a lot of other tasks as well.
He is the CD representative in the SUCT and in the Members Commission.
Besides concentrating on the passed/forthcoming three European Schools
(Athina, Constanta, Zielona Gora) the main objective is still not placed
aside, which is to implement step by step a more efficient, three level
internal education structure together with the newly founded AEGEE Academy
in order to improve our members` skills and raise their awareness about
AEGEE in a sustainable way.

Refet as Project Responsible takes care of the co-ordination of the running
projects (BASE and mainly Peaceacademy), and especially concentrates on the
yearplan topics for next year. Apart from that he was working on the
European Movement event and took great care of IT issues here in the head
office.

Michal as Network Responsible dived into the middle of things immediately,
continuing the network analysis, updating the detailed list of locals, also
with the close co-operation of the Netcom speaker, Bram preparing a Netcom
kit, and all other arrangements for the Network Commission meeting in
Brussels (25-27th July). In late July he started a network trip through
Italy, Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine and Belarus. Besides the Network
activities he continued his involvement in the Task Force.

Naturally being present in the head office meant that everybody was occupied
with the daily administrative matters and supported the other team members
with whatever they could.
Finally I would like to encourage all of you to feel free to contact us
individually or in general ([log in to unmask]) give us feedback, advice,
criticise us, so we can join our efforts and try to do the best we can.

Yours,

Laszlo

  Angela Comand
  Network Commissioner